5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anyone use this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
88TTop
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone use this?

I'm looking into Hanalon Motorsports to build a tough t-5 for me. Has anyone used the company before and how are things holding up?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Anyone use this?

I've heard alot about them but personal preference has directed me to D&D performance as they specialize in them too.....as far as a tough t-5 ?? about the best you can do is a G-FORCE T-5 and they have those in varing degrees of builds.....the problem you'll eventually run into on the t-5 will be the case and it's ability to handle super amounts of power...but it'll all depend on how much power are you looking for a t-5 to handle???
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: Anyone use this?

theres a write up on the physics of a t-5. because of the overall design of the t-5 it will fail eventually no matter how much you beef the gears and all this BS. for the money....save a little bit and buy the tremec conversion kit and get a tko600. it has to do with input shaft placement in relation to how low is sits on the tranny itself which makes it weak and also the overall weight of the tranny is a big factor of why its weak.

its like putting a 150 lb lineman whos is as strong as possible for his weight,trying to block or tackle a 300lb lineman...might work for a little while but will eventually fail