MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   remember that motor i blew up? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/360601-remember-that-motor-i-blew-up.html)

dimebag 10-22-2007 01:37 PM

remember that motor i blew up?

well, its out, and apart now, and... damn, lol... i thought it was ****ed, but saveable, i was wrong, the cause(like i suspected) was the oil pump driveshaft, however it wasnt rounded like i thought, it twisted and is broken, i dont even know where the bottom piece is.

sticking out the passenger side of the oil pan was a rod cap. droped the pan, and 2 rod caps were gone, one in the side, and the other was in the pan, the two pistons are ****ed...some skirting is broken off of each of them, and the rods, one is just bent up, the other part of it is just gone, lol.

the block is ****ed, its trash now, where both pistons took a ****, the cylinder wall toward the bottom is missing big chunks.

new motor is just about ready to drop in, i need to bolt up the trans and all here in a few min, and then the intake/valve covers will go on after its in the car, because i painted everything.

pics of everything are uploading now...

67mustang302 10-22-2007 01:56 PM

RE: remember that motor i blew up?

Stock rod bolts and 0 oil pressure FTL!!! [:@]

jhall01 10-22-2007 02:02 PM

glad to see your getting ur new motor put in. cant wait to see the pics

5.0stanger 10-22-2007 02:08 PM

Next thing on the to buy list.....MECHANICAL OIL PRESSURE GAUGE!!!;)

AdderMk2 10-22-2007 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

Next thing on the to buy list.....MECHANICAL OIL PRESSURE GAUGE!!!;)
by the time his oil pressure gauge would have shown him anything... the motor would already have been trashed...

bighungrymatt 10-22-2007 03:35 PM

glad you are almost back in business dime

jtmustang 10-22-2007 04:16 PM

whats up so when do u think youll have the other motor in?

pics? later

dimebag 10-22-2007 04:33 PM

other motor is ready to drop in as of now, tranny is bolted up, everything, just gotta drop it in, dad should be here in 15-20 min and were droping it in then all the fun stuff where i get to hook everything back up begins... i should start it up tonight i hope... even if its at 1am... i better get to start it tonight, lol

and as for the pics, im on dial up, and they ****ed up earlier, ill upload them later tonight as well..

and yes, oil pressure guage is 1st on the list, lol.

jtmustang 10-22-2007 04:39 PM

right on , i missed the info is that the stock motor with a cam u said?

dimebag 10-22-2007 04:42 PM

no cam... stock everything