5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

6 Point Roll Cage in Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 AM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

Default 6 Point Roll Cage in Street Car

Anyone install a 6 point Roll Cage in a Strictly used Street/Show Car.....

Does it help with handling at all?

Any point if I am not going to race it?(Wife wont let me [:@])
Old 11-01-2007, 09:27 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: 6 Point Roll Cage in Street Car

If your not going to race it.....it's basically a waste and a pain cause then you'd knock your ace on the side bar everytime getting in and out of it and even if you did get one that the side bar is removable or swings out....you still couldn't recline your seat back the best due to the cross bar behind the seat......that's why I haven't put one in mine and it is well capable of reaching times where it needs one..and has gone into roll bar territory as far as ET is concerned
Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

I have nothing to contribute on putting a roll bar in a car that doens't need it but I will share what my chassis builder said to me.

On a street car. The rear bars should extend to the rear axle area. Placing the bars all the way to the rear bumper takes the crush zone out of a street driven car.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

If your not going to race it.....it's basically a waste and a pain cause then you'd knock your ace on the side bar everytime getting in and out of it and even if you did get one that the side bar is removable or swings out....you still couldn't recline your seat back the best due to the cross bar behind the seat......that's why I haven't put one in mine and it is well capable of reaching times where it needs one..and has gone into roll bar territory as far as ET is concerned
I was actually looking at the 6 point swing out doors and no harness mount cross tube one. Part MMRB1.7

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

I was wondering if it really stiffened up the whole chassis or not...I only drive this car to cruise nights and on the weekends and the occasional highway run when the wife is not around to work all 454 of those horses under the hood....
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

it looks like if your going to get that 6 point you should just get the 4 point. those door bars do nothing really since theyre a hinged piece. it does not add anything to stiffen it. the 4 point however should tighten it up a little.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

It'll stiffen body twist to some extent...but there are a whole lot off other more useful suspension mods you could do that' achieve the same effect
Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 AM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

Ya I already have MM Subframe Connectors and it is pretty stiff....guess if I went with the 6 point..it would be more for Safety.....the swing out doors are still NHRA legal so they must add some protection for side impacts...probably not bother I guess...I also ride a Harley so Safety is not my number one concern
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: only90s

Ya I already have MM Subframe Connectors and it is pretty stiff....guess if I went with the 6 point..it would be more for Safety.....the swing out doors are still NHRA legal so they must add some protection for side impacts...probably not bother I guess...I also ride a Harley so Safety is not my number one concern
seems like noise is !!!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

i would just get a 4 point,and someday if you decide to race it you can weld in door bars

Old 11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I'm looking into an MM cage kit myself. I dont feel like spending the $1200 that the local ripoff wants to charge to get it done.

I can bolt the whole cage in, then have it welded by my friends father.... who builds racecars. And pay nothing for it.. except a case of beer.

Quick Reply: 6 Point Roll Cage in Street Car