5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Mustangs do not like ditches!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
65coupe88hatch
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs do not like ditches!!!

I hit a deer this time last year in my 88, i got luck tho a guy turned off the road so i slowed from 65 to about 30 and outta nowhere the little fawn jumped off the hill and THUMPP all it did was pressure bend the fender, and break my marker light, just had to clean the hair off[:'(]. I feel for you tho that sucks glad your alright, how fast were you going?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hellion_79
Damn man, you were better off hitting the deer lol. My dad always tells me to not swerve and just hit the brakes and if you hit it... you hit it lol. But damn that ditch tore your car up [&:]
Well the whole reason for driving into the ditch was to avoid damage, I just didn't know the covert was there. If I had to do it again I still would have drove into the ditch, just would have went a little further over. It was night time so I couldn't really see the covert till I got down in the ditch.
ORIGINAL: dangstang92
Ouch!! Deer suck. They can end up in your lap if they hit the windshield just right.

While you are replacing that pass side fender anyway, maybe you could consider shaving the antenna?? Just a thought....
I like my antenna That think has helped me out twice when i've locked my keys in the car.
ORIGINAL: ctgreddy
how much is it gonna cost to get the frame fixed?
im in the same situation. the last owner put my car in a ditch and bent the frame just a tad.
let me know how much i should expect to pay
$160

Just have to find a shop that has a framing machine.
ORIGINAL: golden_eye
Yikes! At least it seems like you are taking it in good stride. I'd probably kill myself if that ever happened.
Didn't see any reason to be upset about it, not like being upset is going to make it get fixed any sooner. Just got to look at it like a fun experience, fix the car & hope it doesn't happen again. [8D]
ORIGINAL: 65coupe88hatch
I hit a deer this time last year in my 88, i got luck tho a guy turned off the road so i slowed from 65 to about 30 and outta nowhere the little fawn jumped off the hill and THUMPP all it did was pressure bend the fender, and break my marker light, just had to clean the hair off. I feel for you tho that sucks glad your alright, how fast were you going?
I think about 40mph. Speedo is disconnected atm. [8D]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
65coupe88hatch
4th Gear Member

wow..guess you dont gotta be going that fast to cause some damage... good thing the car wasnt totalled or else youd be stuck with the 2.3t haha
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

wow..guess you dont gotta be going that fast to cause some damage... good thing the car wasnt totalled or else youd be stuck with the 2.3t haha
Nothing wrong with that. still faster than a couple friends stock 5.0 & its stock aswell, well stock engine. Guess that wasn't exactly an engine option for the notch backs [8D]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas5.0

I think I would rather hit the ditch...

That looks a lot like deergore from pbnation.... biggest thread in forum history.

DEERGORE FTMFW!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Hitting deer SUCKS. Every now and then arround here someone hits a deer, elk or cow and gets killed. If you're not in a large enough vehicle, they have a tendancy to come up over the hood and into the passenger compartment. Quite a number of years back one guy hit a cow on a back road around here, and it ripped the top half of his pickup's cab off, along with the top half of his body. That's why I drive slow around here at night, hitting animals really blows, even though deer look small, they are very muscular, it's like hitting a 300lb pickle barrel with legs.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

glad you are ok... and wow those are some pretty gross pictures of that deer... im sure he was driving REALLY FAST when he hit that deer
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

man that crap is sick!!! didn't need to see that!!![:'(] now my appetite is gone!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
wildsurfer92
3rd Gear Member

now im in the mood for some venison!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
65coupe88hatch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

Nothing wrong with that. still faster than a couple friends stock 5.0 & its stock aswell, well stock engine. Guess that wasn't exactly an engine option for the notch backs [8D]
well true haha

Quick Reply: Mustangs do not like ditches!!!