5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Baer brakes ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Compounder
1st Gear Member

Default Baer brakes ???

I am about to upgrade my brakes on my 93 GT. I have decided on Baer but not what size to get. Should I go with thier kit that has 12" rotors front and back or step it up and get the kit with 13" rotors front and back. Itake it to the road course and drive it hard about twice a year the rest is just street driving. My big issue is that I like my 17" ROH Snypers that are on it now and I don't want to get rid of them unless that 13" kit is well worth it(it only comes in an 5-lug kit). New wheels = lot's of $$$$

I would really appreciate any help on this. This will be my first real brake ugrade.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Baer brakes ???

the 13" baer kit will fit in your 17" wheels.. however, you are going to pay alot of money for the name.

Baer uses cobra calipers, brackets, and rotors... so just buy the cobra upgrade kit. Its cheaper
Old 11-11-2007, 10:52 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

As long as the rims have a 20mm offset then the 13" brakes will fit in the front.
I'm running the Baer Track 13" in front and the Touring 12" in the rear with 17 X 9.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Compounder

I am about to upgrade my brakes on my 93 GT. I have decided on Baer but not what size to get. Should I go with thier kit that has 12" rotors front and back or step it up and get the kit with 13" rotors front and back. Itake it to the road course and drive it hard about twice a year the rest is just street driving. My big issue is that I like my 17" ROH Snypers that are on it now and I don't want to get rid of them unless that 13" kit is well worth it(it only comes in an 5-lug kit). New wheels = lot's of $$$$

I would really appreciate any help on this. This will be my first real brake ugrade.

how are they gonna fit his 4 lug wheels
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

I'm guessing with the Baer 4 lug kit?
http://www.need-4-speed.com/baer.htm
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

I use the AeroSpace brakes. We actually have a site sponsor that carries them, they are great.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
moterhead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ALMOST STOCK

exactly right! I'm running Baer Claw 13" fronts and 12" rears with four lug TSW 17X8s. One thing to remember when you upgrade to larger brakes and stay with four lug wheels, there is NO four lug spacesaver spare that will work!. Won't clear the calipers.Not even the 12" ones. I've even tried the '93 Cobra aluminum spare & it won't work either. Plan on putting together a flat kit with a plug kit, 12 volt pump and a can of fix-a-flat. Oh, and keep your AAA membership paid. And a cell phone and charger in your car.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

well i guess thats what i get for not lookin to see if they actually had a kit for the fox. i just assumed that they didn't cuz he was lookin for the kit and said that they didnt have it. i should kno better than to trust posters on here[:'(][:@]
Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moterhead

ORIGINAL: ALMOST STOCK

exactly right! I'm running Baer Claw 13" fronts and 12" rears with four lug TSW 17X8s. One thing to remember when you upgrade to larger brakes and stay with four lug wheels, there is NO four lug spacesaver spare that will work!. Won't clear the calipers.Not even the 12" ones. I've even tried the '93 Cobra aluminum spare & it won't work either. Plan on putting together a flat kit with a plug kit, 12 volt pump and a can of fix-a-flat. Oh, and keep your AAA membership paid. And a cell phone and charger in your car.

Full size spare rim, then you will be set
Old 11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Compounder
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I had not seen that Baer makes a Track kit in 4 lug. I believe that is the way I will go.

Quick Reply: Baer brakes ???