5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

paint and body ideas...(again)

Old 11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

Default paint and body ideas...(again)

While my car is sitting in the garage almost back together (waiting on FEDEX to give me my damn fenders![:@])... I've been pondering on paint again. I've found someone to paint it for me. So all that's outta of the way now. I'm not for sure on the color. But... Since I got the mach1 style hood.. I've been thinking about doing the black paint schemeon mine to resemble a '70s mach1(Ithink). I also thought about getting the (newer)mach1 style rims for mine after I convert to 5-lug.
What do you guys think? Has anyone seen any pics of a paint job like this on a fox? Floating around on the internet? I'm curious if it would look good/ or not. It seems like everyone either has one solid color, or GT stripes. I just like to be different. If I could figure out how to work my damn photoshop program. I'd just doodle something up. But since I'm technologically retarted...........
I also thought about cutting out slots for the exhaust to run out of the back of my GT bumper cover. What'ya think about that? Maybe with some rectangle chrome tips.
Well... I'm done with my long azz post about nothing pretty much... later.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

Default RE: paint and body ideas...(again)

Dont cut up a GT bumper- it never looks good.
Get a Cobra bumper instead.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

ya cutting the GT bumper to have pipes going through it does not look good at all.. get the cobra bumper lik PJB said.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:41 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i think it would look bad azz with a mach 1 style paint job.
altho i dont really like the newer mach rims. they just dont do it for me.
altho i saw an sn95 with mach rims that had chrome spokes and lip but all the rest was black chrome.
not sure where they got them from but it looked really nice.
id consider getting some for mine when i decide to get new rims but im afraid to see the price tag on them.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
blwn93gt
3rd Gear Member

i think the mach1 style paint job would be bad ***, and +1 on not cutting the gt bumper. looks cheesy!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

No pictures but I have (several years back early 90's) seen a red GT with the Mach 1 hood and 71 Mach 1 paint scheme it looked bad a$$ and I'm not a fan of red cars. Don't remember what wheels it had but I was thinking to myself all it needed was the black rear window louvers to complete the look.

And +1 on cutting the rear out for pipes I have yet to ever see on that looked good, no matter what tips they used. Get the Cobra if you must have the pipes come all the way out.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

Yeah... I was wanting to get the louvers too. But I got to get it back together and painted first. I got my fenders in finally[:@]. But it looks like I'll have to do some massaging on them before theygo on. They fit alright. Except on the lower side, down by the drivers door. It's alittle warped. Has anyone played with fiberglass to know if I heat it with a heat gun. Can I gat it to flex back? Anyways..... I'm going to go out there and half-azz it together so I can get a pic. And I'll post'em later.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Get a Cobra rear bumper
Old 11-13-2007, 06:31 PM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

Okay... I slapped it together to get an idea of what I'm looking at. Looks like it'll look pretty good after I get the xeneon lower airdam. I would've drilled all my holes and actually mounted everything... but my stupid cordless tools[:@]. All my battery's went to crap and someone permently borrowed my corded drill. Anyways this gives an idea of what I'm looking at.
I've gota Gt bumper cover off of an '87. I thought about trying to adapt the lower part of the airdam of it to my '85. Butif I cut it up... It won't be worth anything. So...we'll see I guess.
And as for the paint job.. I'm definatley wanting to go the Mach1 route.I'm thinking about painting the spoiler a matte black too.I think the tough part will be getting the paint to look right on the hood. I've been photoshop some on it. It's hard to get the lines to flow well the car. I might just paint the whole hood matte black.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
z24stang
2nd Gear Member

Good luck brother.I think the 03/4 rims would look sick on a fox,but looking at your hood i would guess the mach hood paint scheme your lookin for is the 71-73 model right?I think it would be different and look awesome,never saw it before.Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: paint and body ideas...(again)