5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Holy shyt.....

Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default Holy shyt.....

Well......I have a whole new outlook on hondas ( to an extent )
One of my good friends that i havent seen in awhile has a civic, i go visit him tonight and he takes me for a ride. Holy shyt is that thing fast. Hes got a 1.8 all forged w/ a bunch of goodies and a huge turbo runnin only 9 pounds of boost, and that thing pulls like a crotch rocket, we hit 140 in no time, it was unreal, i squeeled like a little girl. The only thing is about his car....You cant tell its fast, its not all riced out. Its all black with 15" rims.
I took him for a ride in my car too, he complimented the low end power. He appreciates all kinds of fast, and he hates rice, so its all good. Just had to let you know.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Holy shyt.....

Most definitely are some fast Hondas out there. I know there are some around here running in the 12 sec range, pretty respectible.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

My buddy has a little red hatchback civic with a 1.6 DOHC with a Turbo pushing like 14lbs. of boost, and that thing puts a smile on my face every time. It can go! Only problem is he cannot get any traction. Must suck being FWD. [&:]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:18 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

all the civics around my area only have intakes, exhausts, and a really big spoiler on the trunk/hatch.
i hate them.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

there is a honda prelude that came into the mustang shop last weekend to use the dyno and he hit 640 to thefront wheels. freakin insane. but he was hellllllllla riced out. so i asked him "640....wow thats alot for you import guys, so what does she run? a 12??" he got pissed! but i just laughed at him and he didnt do anything about it so i called him a ricer. i hate the ricer kind....stupid![:'(]

EDIT** i meant front wheels....haha
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

thats surprising.
usually ricers dont make over 150whp.
lol
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: ctgreddy

thats surprising.
usually ricers dont make over 150whp.
lol
i did think so either but...

oh man...this thing was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. chrome body trim, altezza lights, hood wing and trunk wing, big ol' rimzzz, F&F stickers allll over the body, huge sound system, sued interior, all these sponser stickers for parts he didnt own. (JL audio sticker, but he had a sony sound system, msd sticker...but no msd!) green tinted windows, huge body kit. stuff like that.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

640hp... rear wheels... I think I missed something here
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Ketis
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

there is a honda prelude that came into the mustang shop last weekend to use the dyno and he hit 640 to the real wheels. freakin insane. but he was hellllllllla riced out. so i asked him "640....wow thats alot for you import guys, so what does she run? a 12??" he got pissed! but i just laughed at him and he didnt do anything about it so i called him a ricer. i hate the ricer kind....stupid![:'(]

if you meant rear i find that hard to believe because preludes are front wheel drive

most people wouldent take the time/money to convert a car like that.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer

All the hondas here are ricers and slow, the only fast FWD cars are a 12 second srt-4, and a 10 second neon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holy shyt.....