5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

man that sucks! i would have killed someone if that happened to me
Old 12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Your car can still go to the track, bet the guy didnt even know what he hit,

get a lawyer and chiropractor, $$$$$$$

they will average your car out locally, then offer you that, dont take any payments, get that lawyer and get paid.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

you need a beer

but seriously, that really sucks dude [>:]
Old 12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you need a beer

Old 12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

After you get paid, take the rear bumper off,tailights etc, trunk off, all carpet, and that piece of hanging pipe and go to a frame shop for an estimate, thats not a bad pull job at all.

Ive seen way worse than that pulled.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

you know my BIGGEST pet peeve in the world, one that makes me hate so much my teeth ache...from the strain of not killing over it is this:

People who wrong you then become angry you and punish you for it

this guy, well he was angry at me and yelled at me... after he did that I walked away a bit and yelled and screamed into the air, a wordless shout so full of anguish and loathing that my ancestors bones stirred with the dusty thought of battle

yes that bag of crap...guess well Ill tell you he is an insurance salesman, and he never so much as apologized for destroying my most prized posession in the world (besides my wife!)
Old 12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...ed/1991detail/

This link shows the extent of the damage. Buddy who restored a 193x car did 100% of body work found the folded metal up top so I inked it all to display

Is this car totaled = could it be fixed to as good as stock without bondo, would that cost more than the $3000 nada.com thinks its works and/or the >$6000 I think its worth?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
coony278

Sorry about your car , but accidents do happen , it just sucks you was in that car. By the pics I really dont think the car is anywhere near totalled. I did body work for several years. You would be suprised how easy your car will be to fix.

However , I would get a lawyer , and let them get your car fixed , insurance will want to settle for as little as possible.

I had a Chevrolet truck get hit and totalled and took me 5 years to get it settled. All I wanted was what it cost to replace the truck and they wanted to give blue book or something like that , any way I couldnt replace the truck for what they was offering. I finally got my money and then some thanks to a lawyer.

Dont be to hard on the person that hit you , to error is human and they just errored into you. But dont give the dang insurance company on once of slack!!! Cause they will screw you over in a heartbeat!!!!

I also had a 65 get hit parked on the curb by a drunk driver and he just drove off , I will admit I literally got down on my knees and cried over that car in the street , I spent a few years working on it and never had drove it yet. Other than from the garage to the street curb to get something else in the garage. I never seen the guy that the car , and I had no insurance on the car.[]

Any way could be worse , your not hurt and you have insurance , so just make the car better or get another one

Chad
Old 12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

the glass is not chattered!

Its very repairable. Dude shop around, im sure there are some hungry azz frame seniors looking for that job for some Christmas Cash in their pocket.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hamutoff

you know my BIGGEST pet peeve in the world, one that makes me hate so much my teeth ache...from the strain of not killing over it is this:

People who wrong you then become angry you and punish you for it

this guy, well he was angry at me and yelled at me... after he did that I walked away a bit and yelled and screamed into the air, a wordless shout so full of anguish and loathing that my ancestors bones stirred with the dusty thought of battle

yes that bag of crap...guess well Ill tell you he is an insurance salesman, and he never so much as apologized for destroying my most prized posession in the world (besides my wife!)
nice save [8D] anyway see if you can buy it back from the ins company and take it to a frame shop, believe me thats not bad, very repairable

THIS is bad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please