5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

how to build power with speed densityinjectio

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: how to build power with speed densityinjectio

right on man... i hear ya there...

ok to reach 350 your going to HAVE to use nitrous, thing is we cant upgrade our injectors, so were limited to about 270-290rwhp n/a....

i say u do this...

gt40heads(or gt40p, either or) 300
any intake, i went w. gt40 aswell.. 75-500
grab a cam, a good bit of thought has to go into this, the one i have is basically the max for SD, and ill prob run into some idle problems, there are a few ways to try to calm them down(**** w. the hose btwn the intake and map sensor, adj iac plate, etc) any way, there are a few cams that work, and basically you need to look at the duration and overlap, you want as much of a constant, good, vac at idle as you can get... ex... e cam wont work. well talk more about the cam later... 250
need to upgrade valve train, so assume another 400-500
full exhaust never hurts-400
nitrous kit, wet... 500ish bucks

and you already have gears, so were up to 2500, spend the other 500 on suspension(you dont have to go crazy like most think, i only have cheap front suspension work and it works just fine, i only have 300bucks in my suspension) if you want more specifics on suspension lemme know

that right there will give you 12s n/a, and 11s on spray, and very close to, if not over your hp goal(on spray)
Old 12-05-2007, 11:44 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

yeh can you let me know what i have to do to the front end . and the cam i have talked to the reps from trick flow at the last nmra show here and he said they could grind me one once i figure out what i want out of the car and what power adders i was going to use . and i guess i should sell the 24 lph injectors i got huh .
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yes, unfortuanitly, upgrading injecors for us becomes a problem, unless you know someone who will tune the comp for them, but i havnt heard of anyone yet...

well what i did was, strange struts, 4cyl foxbody springs, and took the sway bar off, thats it, i have skinnies too, but havent even been at the track w. them yet

yup you can deffinatly get a custom cam ground for you, i think their about 300ish bucks...

some valve train **** i suggest are screw in studs, RRs, guideplates,better pushrods... i have none of these yet, but their all very very high on my list of **** to get

and nitrous, get NX... just my opinion though

i think all of the big cam companies do custom ****, and some places like camshaftinovations and cam motion are well known too...or hit up a local machine shop, im sure they have a valvetrain/cam guy that they'd hook u up with... i always like doing things local...

anything else? anything i need to go more into detail with, or more specific with?

also, persoanlly id just get a gt40, or cobra intake, u can find the gt40 for like 75 bucks at a junkyard, a little more on ebay... just because we can only really do like 270-290rwhp on 19lb injectors... so why waste the money on a 500$ tfs or holley?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ppl have also been known to get a 6psi kenne bell s/c to work prty good on a stock SD motor, with an fmu... but... thats out of budget..
Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

a lot of vaccuum at idle sounds a lot like 94 95 problems, i wonder how a steeda 19 cam would perform in a sd car.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

it would work fine.... but im not about to run it
Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

hey dime bag , you arwe talking about an explorer intake right ? the yards around me want 200 for it,have you heard anything about the knock off ones made by professional products? i was wondering if they were any good seeing how they are only 275 for an upper and lower brand new , and why the four banger springs?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

they knock off's are a good product imo. i use to have the typhoon intake and i got no complaints. as for the 4cyl springs i got them as well. they are weaker springs so the front of the car can lift up better and shift the weight to the back
Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

hey thanks gearbanger , i guess i had a dumb a$$ attack on the weaker springs , it has been a long day , that is good to know about the typhoon intake , i can't see giveing a bone yard 200 for an old exploer intake when i can get one of those new for 75 more , i just was worried on how they would hold up .
Old 12-06-2007, 06:58 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

the only thing you need to do to the intake is clean the inside alittle bit.

Quick Reply: how to build power with speed densityinjectio