5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is this a good deal?

I think that sounds like a pretty good deal. If it runs good and looks like it has been taken care of, I would ****** it up.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
88redGT

I paid $4500 for my 88 GT. It has 33000 miles on it. It has an h pipe, flowmasters, sub frames, and a few other things. No rust, origional owner. The thing is, my dad knew the guy but he was going to sell it for $5000 but he dropped $500 for me.
I would think that $2800 to $3000 would be good.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

ok ok, this is what i think man, and im being really really serious, this is a good rule of thumb. If there is a distributor cover/cap over the distributor/wires then buy the car. If not, then i would pass. Can you get a pic of the engine bay by any chance, then i would really be able to give you more input. I payed 3000 for mine with some mods, and around the same milage. I betcha he would lower the price still.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
92GreyGT
3rd Gear Member

If it hasn't been converted to mass air then it can't too much cam in it then. Anyway it's still a good buy.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:39 AM
IRoman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92cobra

ok ok, this is what i think man, and im being really really serious, this is a good rule of thumb. If there is a distributor cover/cap over the distributor/wires then buy the car. If not, then i would pass. Can you get a pic of the engine bay by any chance, then i would really be able to give you more input. I payed 3000 for mine with some mods, and around the same milage. I betcha he would lower the price still.
The owner didnt take any pics of the engine, I wish I could have gotten to see a few more pics.

It looks like me and wife are headed out to the car after she gets off work, If everything feels good Im going to get it.

If I do end up with it, I will take some more pics tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

i would take it to a tuner shop and have it checked out or something, it sounds like to me that guy jus made up the fact everything is fordged, jus watch out cuz some people will try and screw u like that. when u go there drive it , look and see if it has after market vauvle covers or signs of mods
Old 12-07-2007, 08:51 PM
IRoman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rydinturbo

i would take it to a tuner shop and have it checked out or something, it sounds like to me that guy jus made up the fact everything is fordged, jus watch out cuz some people will try and screw u like that. when u go there drive it , look and see if it has after market vauvle covers or signs of mods
I just got backhome with the mustang. Im a pretty good judge of character and I can definetly say this was a good guy. I think he told me about the 'forged' pistons because he didnt know they were stock, again, he didnt build the motor, he just drove the car.

The car has full length headers, and BBK exhaust, sounds great. It may already have gears in it but he didnt know what gears were in it.

The car was a blast to test drive, it runs awesome The body is in great shape, there is no rust and for a mid-atlantic car that can be a rare thing. In the pictures above, the car is filthy, just like it is now. I was suprised to see the wheels are actually polished, and not gun-metal like I thought because of the pictures. I will clean up the car tomorrow and get some pics up. Hopefully ya'll can spot stuff I dont recognize (like aftermarket parts)
Old 12-07-2007, 09:11 PM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

2500 - 2800, but not a bad buy.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92cobra

I dont think that's a good judge... Mine didn't come with mine and mine is in great condition. It was off of a grandma who kept 7k worth of reciepts.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:30 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

you got a good deal on it and welcome to the forum, they are right about the cam for it being an speed density car the cam can't be to radical in it good luck with it and have fun

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?