5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Oil help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Oil help needed.

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

ORIGINAL: 1985stang

read this http://www.boss302.com/oil.htm

This is a load of crap... anyone that starts to feed you schit that their engine runs cooler with "Brand X"oil has to pull their head out their ****... Your thermostatmaintains your temp, not your oil.
So you say the whole article is crap because you don't agree with a very, very small point the guy makes... Regardless of what maintains the temp, last time I checked heat is caused by friction. The better an oil lubricates, the less friction there is. Maybe I'm missing something [&:]
Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

Maybe I'm missing something [&:]

Yes you are... it's like saying, "Wow! with this oil, my engine runs so much cooler now that I never reach full operating temperature"... Or saying some bs like, "the other oil caused so much friction that it caused my engine to run hotter than my cooling system was able to handle"

Ans the fact that his gas milage doubled by using M1...

And that engines are now lasting longer due to better oils... (Yes oilsand lubricants are better nowadays, but it is mostly due to more precise tolerances, better factory balancing, fuel injction, better metals, internal coatings, etc.) You could take a mexican block chevy 350 and use all the M1 you want, andit still wouldn't last more than 75K miles. Put all the M1 in an all aluminum vega engine and your still going to be a smoke machine at 40K miles.

When someones article tries to giveme the business, I turn the other cheek [&:]
Old 12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

Maybe I'm missing something [&:]

Yes you are... it's like saying, "Wow! with this oil, my engine runs so much cooler now that I never reach full operating temperature"... Or saying some bs like, "the other oil caused so much friction that it caused my engine to run hotter than my cooling system was able to handle"

Ans the fact that his gas milage doubled by using M1...

And that engines are now lasting longer due to better oils... (Yes oilsand lubricants are better nowadays, but it is mostly due to more precise tolerances, better factory balancing, fuel injction, better metals, internal coatings, etc.) You could take a mexican block chevy 350 and use all the M1 you want, andit still wouldn't last more than 75K miles. Put all the M1 in an all aluminum vega engine and your still going to be a smoke machine at 40K miles.

When someones article tries to giveme the business, I turn the other cheek [&:]
Haha, take it for what it's worth man.When I read over it,I didn't sit anddwell on the fact that he said"it runs cooler to boot". That didn't make me sit there and think he means itnever reaches operating temp [8D]. Whatever, i'm sure you know more about it than i do.