5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Found another Mustang! Need opinions on what to do any help appreciated

Old 12-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Nvarma
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need opinions on what to do any help appreciated

AAARGGHH[:@] I want a fox so bad, but if you guys say it is a total hastle becasue of the body even if I get it for less than $200. I will wait and take your guys advice I will keep looking, but I will have this in the back of my mind just in case!
Thanks for the help
Sorry about the posting in the wrong section I was not even paying attention sorry
Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Dave5point0
2nd Gear Member

Rather then buy that pile, and buy a donor car for the 5.0 swap, just find a beat up 5.0 car and do the work to it instead, that 4 banger looks like its seen much better days.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: Nvarma

AAARGGHH[:@] I want a fox so bad, but if you guys say it is a total hastle becasue of the body even if I get it for less than $200. I will wait and take your guys advice I will keep looking, but I will have this in the back of my mind just in case!
Thanks for the help
Sorry about the posting in the wrong section I was not even paying attention sorry
just take your time. dont make the same mistake i did and impulse buy just because you want one. you'll end up with a pile like mine. its deff coming around now and its looking really good. but its taken A LOT of time, money, and effort all on my part to get it to where it is today

trust me, shop around and you'll find tons of good deals
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

i bought mine on an impulse also but i got lucky and the kid didnt know what he had. he messed up a few things and i fixed them pretty easily and have a great car.. but this weekend it will be gone. looks like its a good owner though. in GA so no more salt on michigan roads for my baby. im sooo sad to see her go but its a better life and i need to let it be. plus im getting a 95 ver 5.0 to start building. and im sure i can visit my car if i want haha
Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Nvarma
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I will just wait for a good deal to show up thanks for all the help.
Again sorry for posting in the wrong section.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:39 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nvarma

4 banger with 5.0 exhaust? but yeah anything over $50 It isn't worth it as bad as the body is, the hood in no big deal it's that rear quarter that would be the hardest thing to straighten out.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Nvarma
1st Gear Member

Alright sorry to bump this thread, but I think I found a great deal and I want your guys opinion. Today I want fox hunting again... no luck well I was driving home when I spotted one in the back of someones house. Luckily the owner was there I went to take a look and was blown away I found a four eye GT T-top! The extior is sound this time haha I think just the front fascia and hood might need replacing, but no body damage. The interior is ok front seats and dash need replacing, but that is about it. The engine has been replaced twice it does not run the guy said something about the coil. I was not sure if the engine was a HO, but that doesn't matter I am willing to replace the engine. Well I got the guy to go to $1250! What do you guys think? I have some questions what year could it be? I know its 73 to 86. The guy said it is a 86, but it had a carburated (sorry<cannot spell) engine? Well any feedback is greatly appreciated. I have $1000 dollars right now I told him I will seriously think about it and I have his number so unless you guys think I sohoud I pass I am going to buy it.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

The '86's were carbed, it was the '87s that were speed density.

I'd say go for it. Thats dirt cheap for a T-top car, especially if it is in as decent shape as you say.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:54 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

I'd say go for it. Thats dirt cheap for a T-top car, especially if it is in as decent shape as you say.
Actually 86 was the first year they started the fuel injection.. So 86 would have been SD also.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 89MustangGT50

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

Actually 86 was the first year they started the fuel injection.. So 86 would have been SD also.
yup, speed density, flat top pistons, E6 heads(worst heads in existance), 10 less hp than the previous year....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found another Mustang! Need opinions on what to do any help appreciated