5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

UPDATE: Im not the next Nieb!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: To avoid being the next MarkNeib...

It's possible that he diesel did clean his engine up a bit. I've heard several people (a couple on here I think) say that they've used a mix of diesel and ATF as sort of an alternative to seafoam, as it supposedly has the same effect: cleaning the gunk out of the engine.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: MarkNieb

Personally, I'd avoid putting anything in the engine BESIDES oil. Caused be nothing but nitemares. I am glad I inspired some of you!
you just have to know what not to put in there!! like water[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif].......a little bit of education about cars can go a long way
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
21xmustang
1st Gear Member

drain 2 qurts of oil out of the moter replace the two quarts with two quarts of karosene, crank motor up, let idle, do not rev motor up, only idle, do not let motor get hot once motor gets towards warm side of the meter, about 150 160, cut the car off, drain all oil let it drain freely for about 20 min. replace plug fill up with new oil then walla, a fresh rebuilt motor, jk about that last part, but use karosene if at all available, diesel fuel will work as well but not as well
Old 12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 21xmustang

drain 2 qurts of oil out of the moter replace the two quarts with two quarts of karosene, crank motor up, let idle, do not rev motor up, only idle, do not let motor get hot once motor gets towards warm side of the meter, about 150 160, cut the car off, drain all oil let it drain freely for about 20 min. replace plug fill up with new oil then walla, a fresh rebuilt motor, jk about that last part, but use karosene if at all available, diesel fuel will work as well but not as well
Thats what my dad told me, where do I get pure kerosene? Thanks for the info, btw
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Gas station will have kerosene
Old 12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Is it better to run the 2qt of kerosene in the oil, or to flush a whole gallon of diesel thru? ...nvm... I just thought about it
Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

hahaha... you guys are funny, looks like everyone got the same present
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMC1775

ORIGINAL: mjr46

i WOULDN'T RECCOMMEND DOING THAT BUT IF IT WORKED.... IT'S HIS MOTOR...PERSONALLY WE USE a oil flush machine that is hooked up to where the oil filter is in place of it and run a oil flush chemical kit through it while running the engine and it works well
Well he didnt run the engine, supposedly he just poured it thru before re-adding his oil.
This wouldn't cause the results... Prolly the oil change itself had more of an impact.
I remember in my old 73 Buick (350 ), it had some lifters tapping when it was handed down to me(running Valvoline), got an oil change with some Pennzoil and it went away... So then a few months later I decided to change my own oil with some Valvoline, and my god... you could hear every moving part in the engine tapping and smacking around while it was idleing, so back to Kragens and got some Pennzoil, and all was good after that...
I will never touch another Valvoline product...
Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Well it isnt the oil itself, because Ive gone thru 3 different kinds of oil in 5 oil changes, and the Vavloine VR1 is the best one for me yet. I used Pennzoil last time before the VR1, and I really didnt like it. As for my friend, he also changed the oil with Mobil 1 synthetic, then a week later ran the diesel and changed oil. Well time will tell because Im doing it now
Old 12-24-2007, 10:55 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

kerosene, diesel and jet fuel are all the same stuff ..................

He probably had a stuck lifter.
Seafoam does wonders for getting out sludge too.
Just add half a can down the oil filler neck.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Im not the next Nieb!!