5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Arizona Mustangers!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Arizona Mustangers!!

I was so close to bringing my car to AMP, thought for the 650, which is expensive that I would get really good work done. I just called Apache muffler in Mesa, they're gonna do it for like 400. See, i think I like AMP mainly for small exterior or interior stuff i would otherwide have to order. Thanks so much for the info man!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

I think Speedworld is going to be a longer haul than two hours form Tucson! It's basically an hour for me to get there, and I am an hour from Speedworld! I have never gone, just passed by. Maybe you are going a more direct route, I usually pass on Grand Ave. (if that means anything from the MapQuest you may have looked at).

AMP...hmmmmm. Your mother used to say if you don't have anything nice to say.... I had a roommate in collegewho spent about 20 grand there hopping up his car. we lived about five minutes away so it ws a well known and convenient choice for us. Local opinion is very mixed. I have heard that they break a lot of bolts in nice places like engines etc., have problems retaining people, and are pretty good at blowing engines while tuning them. heard that from a master tech at Ford as they used to "work" with them to get them replaced under warranty.

From the multiple times I have been there it really depends on the staff in place at the time, but from what my buddy went through I have not dealt with them since. I have been looking for a good shop,and have not been able to find one yet. Don't even get me started on another one that shall remain nameless...

Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 50Stocker

I think Speedworld is going to be a longer haul than two hours from Tucson! It's basically an hour for me to get there, and I am an hour from Speedworld! I have never gone, just passed by. Maybe you are going a more direct route, I usually pass on Grand Ave. (if that means anything from the MapQuest you may have looked at).

AMP...hmmmmm. Your mother used to say if you don't have anything nice to say.... I had a roommate in collegewho spent about 20 grand there hopping up his car. we lived about five minutes away so it ws a well known and convenient choice for us. Local opinion is very mixed. I have heard that they break a lot of bolts in nice places like engines etc., have problems retaining people, and are pretty good at blowing engines while tuning them. heard that from a master tech at Ford as they used to "work" with them to get them replaced under warranty.

From the multiple times I have been there it really depends on the staff in place at the time, but from what my buddy went through I have not dealt with them since. I have been looking for a good shop,and have not been able to find one yet. Don't even get me started on another one that shall remain nameless...

were actually not in tucson..I'm visiting the inlaws in Marana, AZ...so were a little closer than tucson
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

I like how you quoted me and I have a typo in there. Makes me feel EDUMACATED.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 50Stocker

I like how you quoted me and I have a typo in there. Makes me feel EDUMACATED.
there I fixed it for ya!! didn't even notice it.......
Old 12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

were actually not in tucson..I'm visiting the inlaws in Marana, AZ...so were a little closer than tucson
LOL Marana / Tucson not much difference unless you have to drive through rush hour with the I-10 all messed up like it was last time I was down that way. Have to say though depending WHERE in Marana I prefer it over inner Tucson anyday, I use to live just off Sandario, basically the Picture Rocks area before I moved into Tucson it self.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: raven_ghostwolf

ORIGINAL: mjr46

LOL Marana / Tucson not much difference unless you have to drive through rush hour with the I-10 all messed up like it was last time I was down that way. Have to say though depending WHERE in Marana I prefer it over inner Tucson anyday, I use to live just off Sandario, basically the Picture Rocks area before I moved into Tucson it self.
yeah what a mess the I-10 exit ramps are!! almost all of them are blocked off due to construction[:@].....we're on the outskirts off Marana so no traffic out here ...within 5 min I should be on I-10