5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

flex fuel mustangs????

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:29 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default flex fuel mustangs????

So I got a good laugh today and there were about 20 of these in a row right beside the handicap ones here at a local zoo in tuscon where I'm visiting..........so my question is do they make a flex fuel mustang??? cause I wanna get this special privilage!!! about as close to the handicap spots you can get!!!oh and the expression on my face is a......[sm=WTFsgign.gif]as you can guess out east we don't have that.....my inlaws said it was a result of the cactus huggers here??? hmmm dunno

Old 12-20-2007, 12:04 AM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

Default RE: flex fuel mustangs????

hahah if i saw that sign i would prolly have the same face[&:] but how would they kno if you had an alternative fuel vehicle? ethanol is considered alternative correct? and people switch they're cars to ethanol all the time....
Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

usually on the back of a car it'll have the yellow/green tag that says flex fuel...meaning the fuel system is compatible with the high content of ethanol in the gas.......and cars that are dubbed flex fuel run on what is known as e-85...you can't run e-85 in normal vehicles not designed for it.......at the pump the most you'll see is 10 % ethonol in the gas where as e-85 has a concentrate around 85% ...flex fuel vehicles can run on both normal gas and e-85
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Red FIVE O
2nd Gear Member

that sigh is bull**** just like the insurance co's offering lower rates for "green" cars. **** that
Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

thats a bunch of b/s
Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I read an article in some mustang magazine where they converted one to a flew fuel setup...I can't recal what they did but they got impressive hp out of it still (I think it was supercharged or something)
Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 AM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

I got a good laugh too... Not at the sign though... J/K...

I was in San Jose acouple yearsback and they had these special parking spots right up (next to the handicaps) front for electric vehicles and they had a charging unit set in front of each spot, so you could chrage your eco car while you shopped. And I guess there were several stores like that over there tat did that. - Dont know if they still have them though...

Also a while back, I was way up in the sticks, up in hillbilly land, (for work) and I parked in a parking lot to have a smoke, and a pretty clean Pinto pulled in (two old ladys) and it was converted to propane... you could see the gas cap was plated off, and you could see a cylinder where the original gas tank was, and had all the propane attachments... I guess you expect that kind of stuff from "mountain folk"...
Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Any mustang can run on Ethanol.

It just needs a tune to adjust for the greater fuel flow needed.

"Flex-Fuel" cars just sense when its trying to run on Ethanol
and it increases fuel flow accordingly.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

I got a good laugh too... Not at the sign though... J/K...

I was in San Jose acouple yearsback and they had these special parking spots right up (next to the handicaps) front for electric vehicles and they had a charging unit set in front of each spot, so you could chrage your eco car while you shopped. And I guess there were several stores like that over there tat did that. - Dont know if they still have them though...

Also a while back, I was way up in the sticks, up in hillbilly land, (for work) and I parked in a parking lot to have a smoke, and a pretty clean Pinto pulled in (two old ladys) and it was converted to propane... you could see the gas cap was plated off, and you could see a cylinder where the original gas tank was, and had all the propane attachments... I guess you expect that kind of stuff from "mountain folk"...
yeah I was kind of suprised to see such a sign too.........but seeing as how out east flex fuel hasn't really caught on and I didn't really see any gas stations here in Arizona that really catered to flex fuel cars....haven't seen a e-85 pump yet here[&:]...oh well the signs were a good enough laugh
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Funniest part is a I bet the city of Tuscon spent 100's of thousands
of dollars designing, making and installing those signs at different city venues.

Just where I would want my tax dollars wasted.

Quick Reply: flex fuel mustangs????