5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Thinking about a 94/95 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Default Thinking about a 94/95 GT

Well I'm going to sell my Mustang II to hopefully get a sn95 5.0 stang. I want to be making aroun 375-400 rwhp. My plans if I get the car will be to supercharge her for my main goal. But I want to beef up the internals as well.

What will it take to make it to that hp range SAFELY? I have a DD so I won't really be driving it that much in the winter mainly on nice sunny days.

BUt Like I said, what is a stroker kit? What does that involve? But obviously i'm not going to supercharg it right off the bat, first exhaust, then the usuals. Intake and so forth. So what will it take?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Default RE: Thinking about a 94/95 GT

Head Cam Intake swap+a blower+boltons and you will be up around there....it should last without a bunch of internal work, especially if you are not driving it all the time
Old 12-20-2007, 01:28 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Nice. Alright so it won't be too difficult. How are these cars to work on? My II's engine bay is somewhat open but these look so cluttered. Are they hard to work on?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

Well from my understanding the weakest link on the 94-95 are the rods, which have been heard to go at 350hp, the rest of the motor is good until 400-450hp safely, 500hp you block will have a slipt personality. a stroker kit is a new bottle end on the motor, crank, rods, pistons. some people stroke their motors to 331s or 347s(better imo) but the factory block is still only good until the 450-500hp range. you should be able to stay with a stock block to get 375 at the wheels. I say stroke the motor. No replacement for displacement. I would also recommend a Procharger for a super charger. A good heads, cam, intake, 347 can get you to 350hp alone too.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:32 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Well if you are asking how hard it is to work on, you probably don't want to put in a stroker....you need to know what you are doing for that

I did my own HCI swap and I am by no means a mechanic, they are pretty easy to work on and as long as your car is tuned correctly your block will crack before you ever damage anything else (450-500 hp)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

For your HP goal you really don't have to touch the bottom end at all, just get a nice safe tune and it'll run well for a long long time. The easiest way to reach your goal would be to just throw a turbo on it, you'd be all set.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The stang II

Nice. Alright so it won't be too difficult. How are these cars to work on? My II's engine bay is somewhat open but these look so cluttered. Are they hard to work on?
Old school ..Carb,big heads,cam,etc...I like mine......Easy to work on ..
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

I know what I'm doing, if my dad is there, just I take a look pics under the hood and it looks a mess, thats why I ask if it's hard to work on with all of that stuff there.

But since I have a daily driver, and i GET the car, I am going to give the motor to my builder and have him do the work on her and then supercharge it. The builder will do the work for CHEAP. He builds my brothers Nascar motors, and he eats dinner with us EVERY friday night, we are pretty good friends you can say.

But yea so I guess it won't be too hard to get 400 or more hp out of her after all. The 302 is a solid motor to work on thats why. But stroker and supercharger 400 hp?? SOunds good, plus the exhaust, intake and other goodies.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

For your HP goal you really don't have to touch the bottom end at all, just get a nice safe tune and it'll run well for a long long time. The easiest way to reach your goal would be to just throw a turbo on it, you'd be all set.
Sorry double post but I FAWKING LOVE the way your stang looks man. LOVE IT!!!!! IDK why but it looks so nice. How big are your pipes? Just I don't see many 3 inchexhaust piping on that year why is that?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:29 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The stang II

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

Sorry double post but I FAWKING LOVE the way your stang looks man. LOVE IT!!!!! IDK why but it looks so nice. How big are your pipes? Just I don't see many 3 inchexhaust piping on that year why is that?
Thanks bro, ur compliment means a lot to me. The tailpipes are Bassani 3", off the top of my head Bassani is the only exhaust company or at least the only main one that makes 3" pipes, most are 2.5 or 3.5" tips.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a 94/95 GT