MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   PLzz help me i need advice quick (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/384632-plzz-help-me-i-need-advice-quick.html)

StangsR1 12-21-2007 12:22 PM

PLzz help me i need advice quick

ok guys its cristmas time and im getting full exhuast but the ting is i dont kno what kin to get i need some help i want it to be a real loud mean sound but mot to much $ lol yea so plzz help im getting headers x pipe and mufflers i want no cats =]

mjr46 12-21-2007 12:27 PM

RE: PLzz help me i need advice quick

I went with mac 2 1/2 catback cause I wanted something different than the typical flowmasters...and the MAC set up sounded great.....slp will be my next choice = loud!!! as for x-pipe I went with flowtech cause they were a match to my long tube flowtech headers:D

StangsR1 12-21-2007 12:29 PM

well i was thinkin bbk long tube headers and bbk x pip then mac set up or slp

mjr46 12-21-2007 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: StangsR1

well i was thinkin bbk long tube headers and bbk x pip then mac set up or slp
that sounds like a good set up to go with!! If I had to do it again I wouldn't due the flowtech headers cause you gotta cut the flange and peice them together after that and my joints where peiced together have never sealed right!! I have to wrap them with header wrap!!:D

StangsR1 12-21-2007 12:50 PM

so do u think it would be loud and mean??

StangsR1 12-21-2007 01:20 PM

plzz guys i need help lol srry to keep bugin but im ordering the parts today befor 4 oclock so i wanna make sure i have a good setup

greenstreak9205 12-21-2007 04:46 PM

well its after 4 but if you still want a suggestion...you could go with those bbk headers (ceramic coated if you can swing em) as for the mid pipe, h pipe will have more of a deeper/louder sound, x pipe will give you a slight more raspy tinnier (spell?[&:]) sound. and if you want loud you cant say no to slp's;) hope this helps. o and stay with 1 5/8 primaries w/ the headers and 2 1/2 for the rest

excuse the grammer in this thread i dont really care right now :D

StangsR1 12-22-2007 02:22 PM

well i the dead line is today i didnt order them yester day lol so if any body else can give me some help i would really apreaciate it ty

68CSTANG 12-22-2007 04:11 PM

Are you wanting the exhaust out the back or are you open to using dumps? Mac equal length headers, Mac X-pipe, and Mac Pro Dumps sound very good together. 2.5" is decently loud and 3" is very loud. But, depending on your mods, a 3" exhaust might hurt you.

StangsR1 12-22-2007 04:42 PM

well theres no mods im working on it