5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Beeping.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

Default Beeping.

Hey guys, I have a '92 GT and I've been having a little problem lately and maybe somebodyhere can help out.

I've had my GT foralmost 2 years andits always been in great running condition,I've got 86,000 original miles on it and I've only put up about 3,000 of those myself. Butup until lately, every time Iturnit on in the morning to go to work I've been hearing this beeping sound It beeps several times and then stops for a second and thenbeeps several more times and it just keeps going and going upuntil I'm about halfway to work and then it stops out of nowhere.

And when I leave work it no longer happens and neither does it happen later on in the day.

I thought maybe theres something wrong but theres no Check Engine, Check Oil, Coolant or anything of that sort flashing so I have no idea what it can be. It does however have the Air Bag lit up but its been like that for a long time and it just now starts to beep? So I don't really think thats the problem unless somebody has been through this and they say otherwise.

What can be wrong with it that it only happens in the morning? Can it be because its real cold in the morning and not in the afternoon or something similar to that nature?

Well, my real question is....

Has anybody had a similar problem with they're 5.0 andhow did you go about it?

I just want to find out what it can be. Maybe its nothing or maybe there is something wrong and I want to get to it before it gets any worse.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:07 AM
89mustangfive0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Beeping.

where does it sound like the beepings coming from?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
bertt
2nd Gear Member

you have a aftermarket stereo?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bertt

you have a aftermarket stereo?
Yes I do have an aftermarket radio.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

It could be the radio.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

i know what it is, ive had the same beep since i have owned my car (little over a year). the source:
take out your radio and AC controls, inside you will find a light blue box. disconnect it=no more beeping
the problem with that is (ive heard) that the blue box has something to do with your airbags.
best thing to do is go to someone who works on fox bodies and knows what that is.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: nseoi

i know what it is, ive had the same beep since i have owned my car (little over a year). the source:
take out your radio and AC controls, inside you will find a light blue box. disconnect it=no more beeping
the problem with that is (ive heard) that the blue box has something to do with your airbags.
best thing to do is go to someone who works on fox bodies and knows what that is.
You are correct

Unplug and remove. No more beeping. But know more air bag either. Your call.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

what is the proper way to fix this? replace with a new blue box? some sensor?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nseoi

Yeah, the blue box can definetly have something to do with the beeping because the Air Bag symbol has been flashing for quite a while in my Fox.

Thanks for the help and please keep the coments coming.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
shicaca
1st Gear Member

When did they start putting air bags in mustangs?

Quick Reply: Beeping.