5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

the worst automotive day of my life(its a long story)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

Default the worst automotive day of my life(its a long story)

ok, i have had things break on me and bad luck, who hasn't, but this might be up there with some kind of record...[/align]first off i own a 1995 gt with 105k(in storage for the winter)and a 1990 bronco 5.0 with 76k(winter beater)[/align][/align]well about 2 night ago i was coming home at 2 am and my alternator died on me and running on only battery i barely made it home. went to sleep woke up in the morning, replaced the alternator since i took it to the store and they said it was shot, charged up my old battery and away i went.[/align][/align]then i go to my car where it is in storeage b.c i have some extra tires in there a guy wanted to look at it, so i backed the car out of the garage, showed them to him, ended up being the wrong size but w/e[/align][/align]the guy leaves and my car is sitting there idleing as i put away the tires. then the car starts VIOLENTLY shaking. i'm like wtf it is just sitting there idleing 5 feet from me. the harmonic balancer took a ****, the rubber isolator in it cam out as i could see it half out of the harmonic balancer.[/align][/align]so im like ****. right at the entrance to my garage/storage area there was a pile of snow/ice about the size of your parking lot speed bump. well i was trying to keep a cool head as i pulled the car in, got it going to about 3-4mph bec i knew i could not be giving it gas over the ice or the rear tires would slid around and the car would hit something as i only have about a foot of room on each side of the car. well i get going, push in the clutch and coast over, the front goes over fine, bump and over, then the back goes over it, the right rear sinks into the snow and BOOM the right rear quarter panel hits the garage and puts a 4inch tall dent directly above the wheel well starting at the bottom of it at the lip. I was sick[/align][/align]so i got to leave in my trucktogo to my friends house. i see the volt meter droping the whole time im driving (25min) and im like **** this aint good. get to her house and then turn the truck off, tried to turn if back on right away.....click...nothing[/align]battery is dead. tried to jump it but it was so dead it would not hold a charge. so i get it flatbeded to my parents and the next morning get a new battery and find that it is sill not getting charged by the new alternator after i had advance auto parts test the system with the new battery and alternator and they are like the battery is good, the alternator is good, but it is not getting the charge. great...so i went home and finally found one rotted out wire in the engine bay that was the problem.[/align][/align]i am just going to ride my bicycle from now on[/align]
Old 12-24-2007, 11:04 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: the worst automotive day of my life(its a long story)

Hmm, i think ur screenname may be catching up to you...

*Hands over pwnage crown to you*
Old 12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GStam66

Hmm, i think ur screenname may be catching up to you...

*Hands over pwnage crown to you*
No you still are the one.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

hah yea man that does suck... but i might be tied w. ya or have ya beat
Old 12-24-2007, 11:14 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

ya i know you had some bad days too dimebag...but mine took out both my vehciles, i was relegated to using the woman's alero for the one evening...not a bad car, just made me feel like more ****
Old 12-24-2007, 11:22 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

um.... my daily... and only car has been down for 3 months... ive been forced to get rides to work...
Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

i feel your pain. the thing i hate the most is the dent in the quarter b/c i bought this car b.c it had 0 rust and a mint body
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

now see i agree there... that would **** me off alot, because i can do anythin but body work
Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

ya, i have no problem turning wrenches all day on a car, except when it is 20deg outside like it was that day working on the bronco, but i have done body work before on my old v6 but that was rust repair with bondo and this car will not have any bondo on it. it is going to the body shop the first day it is back on the road in th spring
Old 12-24-2007, 04:16 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

I have had alot with mine too

Quick Reply: the worst automotive day of my life(its a long story)