5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Why Do You Have Your Stang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:48 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Why Do You Have Your Stang?

ever since I saw an 85 gt back in 85 I just couldn't resist the temptation to buy one!! so in 1998 I found my first project stang!! an 85......the one in my sig...and it's a hobby and an addiction..I love drag racing and have always loved loud racey cars since I was little
Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 AM
foxmustangman

I use it for everything. I show it, drag it, and I want to autocross it. I love to beef it up and make it look good. Being in love with Mustang ever since I was 4 probably helped too. The fox body has always been my favorite bodystyle too.
My dad actually chose the car for me. I was on a choir trip in Washington and left the day he bought it, so I had to wait 4 days just to see what it was. Funny thing was that I was expecting a 67 GT, but boy was I excited when I saw that 5.0L badge on it when I pulled up.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:46 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

I got mine for two reasons. First was to have a second car while my wife drove around the suv. Second, I wanted another pony car to make up for the one that was stolen and stripped when I was 19. Originally I was looking around for other IROC camaro's, but I happened across a friend of mine who was desperately looking to get rid of her convertible fox body because she had just bought a 2002 Mach 1. She offered it to me for 2 g's with the engine loaded to the hilt. I bought it, just for the nostalgia of having a triple white convertible fox that was capable of 13's. When I get back to the states I plan to start taking things apart to see whats really been done to the engine.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:03 AM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

I bought mine to tool around in and dragrace 5 or 6 times a year its been a fun ride so far!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

always loved fast cars I come from a Ford family I have had other nice quick Ford but my partying got in the way of anything Fast and lack of money. Then I got hook on the5.0 EFI stuff fell into body and paint work making good money. got a 5.0 then bought a S/C it was all over then HOOKED. Now I have 2 of them my wife's and mine hers runs 10.99 and is a street car mine never gets done cuz of hers. But this will end after theturbo install. then on to mine. What I want is just very sick fast street cars that I can race also. I want the wife's to run low10s and it should. and mine I want to run low 9s to high8s. then I will stop. But then I got a Boy who just started driving and cars are his thing and a daughter that loves gone to the drag races so who know.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:38 PM
zeekstr
2nd Gear Member

Bought my 90 LX Hatch after my deployment. Planned on converting it to a Factory Five replica. The body is rather rough due to midwest winters (but repairable).
However, I am planning on restoring the body and doing some autocrossing. Cant afford
the FFR kit.
The car is very fast and my 3 year old loves it.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer

That's a easy question: They're the best looking car around!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:13 PM
bamaroxz
2nd Gear Member

Cause there b-b-b-b bad!!!!!! My first was a 66 2+2 Fastback. Wish I would've never sold it at 18 years old. Raced many a chevy, my front plate was "Chevy EEAAATER!!" I sold it to an older guy cause it needed so much suspension work and we moved from Kentucky to Florida, and in high school I just didn't have the money for it. He stripped it and made a drag car out of it, made me sick, but even sicker cause he painted a dark purple (was red on black). I bought a 67 Cougar XR7 (wish I had it too) and the guy I sold it to let me keep the Weiand (spell???) intake, holley 750 double pumper, and headers. Put those on the Coug, loved that car too. So after a Torino, Camaro, Mark VIII and a few trucks, I just had to have another Stang. The Fox Body's started it all over for me. Love em.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:32 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Don't have one yet, but I've loved mustangs since I was a little kid, and I love the look of the foxbodies. Doesn't hurt that they're dirt cheap to modify and easy to work on
Old 12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

MY baby is a 71 chevelle sitting in the garage. It never sees anything but bright sunny days.

I got tired of only being able to enjoy POSI and a v8 on occasions.....

So i sold the piece of shiit plymouth neon I had and for only 500 more picked up the daily driver.... complete with v8 and posi

Now I get to plant my *** in the back of my seat every day. Then when summer comes around..... well I really get to enjoy life.

Quick Reply: Why Do You Have Your Stang?