MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   Why Do You Have Your Stang? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/386102-why-do-you-have-your-stang.html)

cdougherty 12-25-2007 11:23 PM

Why Do You Have Your Stang?

Hi All-
Just a non-technical question that has been nagging me for awhile. I fell in live with a 88 GT back in 88 and was so afraid of the $250 a month payment I passed it up. LOL, looking back that always makes me laugh. Anyway, this past summer I plucked down $3K on a nice GT vert, cobra upper, bbk headers, etc. Light mods in my opinion, new top and pretty clean and i'm picky. Anyway, now that i've had it for a few months and seeing many of your cars.... I wonder what you get out of your car? Is it just somehting to tinker with? Is it something you just want to beef up enough to launch from every green light and/or vette that pulls up on you? Is it to show it? My dilemna is WHY did I buy it?? Don't get me wrong, I love the car. It's quick, sounds bitchin, clean, etc. But then I'm trying to figure out what I AM going to do with it. So, looking for what you do with yours.... Is it justa daily or occassional driver? Show car, street rod, something to keep you out of the house? Thanks guys!

85GTsleeper 12-25-2007 11:27 PM

RE: Why Do You Have Your Stang?

um i bought mine cause it was cheap and very easy to work on. plenty of mods out there for it. and its a carb [8D]

gearbanger 12-25-2007 11:31 PM

My car was a father son project. and when my dad decided to sell it i bought it off of him. this is my first stang and first car i have worked on:D

88ttop5.0 12-25-2007 11:33 PM

i baught my 5.0 cause at the time i had a six cylinder mustang and wanted to have a 8, and it was also a t-top aero front end car and i hadnt seen many of them only in magazine adds and now it has been a on going project... and i look foward to eventually having a maden voyage with it one of these days... since i no longer have my 6 cylinder mustang it will be nice to hop in one again.

djh1121 12-25-2007 11:33 PM

My 1st car was a 86 GT and I've been hooked from then on...

raven_ghostwolf 12-25-2007 11:42 PM

I got mine because I been addicted to Mustangs since I got my first one in 1978 when I turned 17, a 1969 Coupe. Got my current one in 2000, traded my Volvo 240 wagon for it.

nacanitihs 12-25-2007 11:52 PM

i bought mine cuz when i was 11 my dad bought a 85 4cyl for my sister for her first car when she turned 16. and i thought it was one of the sexiest cars besides the ulgy ass hubcaps that were on it.. we nick named it the rustang cuz when she closed the door the bottom of the door wobbled cuz of rust but the rest of the car was fine. and basically ever since then i have just loved them. i am 20 now. but then i saw the 87-93 aero nose and i liked thoes even more. after drooling over them on the internet for 7 years i finally bought one when i turned 18. but a v8 5spd gt ofcourse. and it is my DD and its honestly the only car i would want to own. i hope to keep it forever and have a mint(restored) fully built street weekend warrior. i have sooo many plans for it i just cant decide what to do next.. will it be engine, paint/bodywork, or suspension? i just cant decide.. i bought myself a little xmas present today.. well ordered it. 91hatchgt kinda convinced me w/ his thread.. a Pro-M 75mm MAF. i cant wait for it to come in!

and i just love hard acceleration and going slideways! thats also a plus:D

Chadwick86 12-26-2007 12:00 AM

My buddy was going to put mine in the demo derby. I couldn't let it go out like that, so I traded my Hyundi streight up for it;). I remeber when I was younger(like 10, I'm 21 now lol)seeing the 5.0's rip it up in town. Now I got's me a conversion 5.0 and lovin' it. SOOO much fun![8D]

Bobert 12-26-2007 12:07 AM

Its my first car, i have always liked them. I found the perfect one for the perfect price.

cgarray17 12-26-2007 12:42 AM

Its my first car and I just can't get enough of it. I just want to drive it all the time and now its up for the winter I am lost. But I grew up around my uncles, one has a 96 GT and my other has a 94 Camaro,and when i say the mustang i was just drawn to it and could never take my eyes off of it. I always thought i would buy my uncles off of him untill i found mine. I just think they are the best and they are a lot of fun to drive and also work on, I will always own a Mustang.