MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   Anyone running drag springs? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/387176-anyone-running-drag-springs.html)

TTGreenSN95 12-29-2007 08:47 AM

Anyone running drag springs?

anyone running drag springs I was thinking about buying some steeda springs for next year do these things help launch im blowing the tires up when i launch.

w8less 12-29-2007 12:22 PM

RE: Anyone running drag springs?

i will be running rear drag springs. found some used with bag and line for 50 bucks. i am getting them tmrw

WhiteWindsor 12-29-2007 01:34 PM

I run drag springs in back also with air bag on pass side.

TTGreenSN95 12-30-2007 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

I run drag springs in back also with air bag on pass side.
do they help out? better than stock or do you think a stock spring with a bag would be about the same?

WhiteWindsor 12-30-2007 11:40 AM

I dont really know how much improvement they are over stock springs, but i think there would be some. I have a good bit of drag suspension parts on my car so they all kinda work together.

68CSTANG 12-30-2007 02:00 PM

I also have Eibach drag springs with the airbag. The car hooks great, but I also installed upper/lowers, lift bars, 50/50s, and 90/10s at the same time so I dont know how the springs would work with stock stuff.

five0fm 12-30-2007 03:08 PM

i noticed a HUGE improvment when i switched from the bbk lowering springs to eibach drags. i also switched the stock struts out with strange 10way adjustables. but i would say they are deff worth it. i noticed less spinning off the line with just the installation of the springs and struts. stock control arms also

varam03 12-30-2007 04:04 PM

five0fm----How did your car sit when you changed the springs over? I have BBK Springs (light blue in color) and I want to change them out as the rear sags a bit, even when I just put Lakewood 70/30 front and 50/50 shocks/struts on, I have stock wheels and the 225/50 tires, I'm hoping it wont look like I installed a lift kit going to eibach or steeda drags, any pics even on a different year stang would be great, thanks!
Adam

five0fm 12-30-2007 04:54 PM

ill try to get some pics up. but i had the same problem. it seemed like my car sagged in the rear with the bbks and stock struts. i also had a HUGE camber problem in the front. the springs fixed the camber problem. the eibachs say a 1/4 to 1/2 in drop in height should be noticed over stock springs. my front end does sit a little higher then the rear but it doesnt seem like i installed a lift kit. my friends and i were pretty shocked b.c the ride hieght changed so little.

dimebag 12-31-2007 02:20 AM

4cyl springs up front, stockers w. a bag in the rear, no front swaybar, nice struts... ftgdmfw!!!!!