5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

question on exhaust again..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:43 PM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

Default question on exhaust again..

i plan to dump the exhuast and have been having people say since its a convertible i will get fumes, but also wondering if i would be better off geting rid of the cats and going with an offroad pipe or have also heard of people hollowing out the cats? is that bad or does it change anything?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: question on exhaust again..

Why start a new thread. Could have simply bumped your old one and added the additional info.

How do you go from wanting dumps to should I get an off road pipe. What is the ultimate goal here and does the car have to go thru emissions?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 PM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

yeah i didnt think about doing that and i still plan on doin dumps but have heard i will get more fumes because of the convertible, and i also am planning on getting an offroad pipe. all in all i want it louder than it is now.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Oh it will be plenty loud but you may not like the fumes. And you will smell them especially when the top is down. No emissions where you are?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

ya there is but i just had emissions when i bought the car in july so im good on that for a while, and that is why im still debating dumps or catless pipe? i know they both will make it louder but im trying to keep costs down because i have to buy a new top now, so im leaning towards dumps and if it bothers me i can weld the tips back on anyways.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:47 AM
contrail1
1st Gear Member

I have O/R H-pipe on my vert and yea the fumes are a little hassle, unless you're in a garage. Since you have to do emissions, why go catless, putting yourself through all the trouble for passing the tests???
Old 01-13-2008, 07:06 AM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

well i want the car to be louder than it is already and it is either dumps or going catless and if i go catless it would be easier to do once emissions time come around, and i have been doing some looking still and i think that is the way im going to go but i also have been hearing that in the state of washington after 20 years your car doesnt need emissions anymore so i wont even need to do emissions anymore if that is true... but i feel like im most likely going catless. also another question... is there much of a difference between the loudness of a two chamber muffler to a one chamber muffler?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Dumps are for a$$holes man. You're willing to breathe toxic fumes just to make your car louder?. If it doesn't have the bite to back up the bark you'll look like a bigger ****. Just get a nice offroad system, at least the stink exits the tailpipes out back. Or get straightpipes if your one of those tools...
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 AM
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Baddog

Dumps are for a$$holes man. You're willing to breathe toxic fumes just to make your car louder?. If it doesn't have the bite to back up the bark you'll look like a bigger ****. Just get a nice offroad system, at least the stink exits the tailpipes out back. Or get straightpipes if your one of those tools...

+1 on the nice offroad system
Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

yeah im leaning more towards an offroad pipe,but is there much of a difference inloudnessbetween the flowmaster super 44 mufflers compared to their 10 series one chamber mufflers?

Quick Reply: question on exhaust again..