5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CHP 347 packaging!! = crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CHP 347 packaging!! = crap

damn, we used an engine bag stuck into a box on a custom small pallet with expanding foam surrounding the engine to ensure nothing moved[8D]
Old 01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

****... weve packaged engines better then that when the guy was comin to the shop to pick it up himself

id be pissed if i spent $xxx on a motor and it came like that... very pissed.... then again... i wouldnt buy a shortblock from anyone, so it is what it is i guess
Old 01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

My shortblock did not weigh near 350 lbs

Hmm....[8D]

Just let you buddy know to take it up with the shipping company. Then see if CHP will do anything for him.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

My shortblock did not weigh near 350 lbs

Hmm....[8D]

Just let you buddy know to take it up with the shipping company. Then see if CHP will do anything for him.
it doesn't really matter what it weighed exactly..that's a mute point....the correct way to of worded it is..it weighed enough to break plastic tie downs...either way I'll know in a few what's up.....just one more thing to slow down billable work[:'(]..in an economy likewe got in the auto industry every bit counts and every delay hurts more and more[:@]
Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Anything bottom end is local.

The hell with shipping cost.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

ORIGINAL: scooterstang

Did you have to sign for this package?
Obvously CHP must not have the smartest people working for them, but I do beleive this package should have never been accepted. I think you should call the freight company.

I work in a warehouse and we constantly get stuff shipped that the box is messed up. You biggest concern is with the freight company and not with CHP.
Actually it should be with both!! if it were mine..but it's not so I'll let the customer deal with it..why both you ask?? number 1 since when do you use two punny ace straps and a cardboard box to hold a motor on a pallet?? I've always bolted them to a pallet or used metal straps....and as fro the freight company the only beef with them is clumsiness..cause they could say it's chps fault for improper packaging
It is not with both. We all know CHP did not package this motor correctly. Trust me, I deal with freight claims weekly. The exact same thing happens with 400lb compressors or condensing units that I work with. Once the frieght company takes it into their truck it is their responsibilty no matter what happens with it until it is delivered. End of story. However, I would definatley mention something to CHP about it and see what you can get for free.

As for the original shortblock, the frieght company will have to purchase it for its original cost and it will then most likely be put up for auction. Maybe there are some re usable pieces you might like to have. This is a good time to get it for cheap.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Listen to this horror story, when i ordered my trickflow top end kit i had it delivered to my house in san antonio. driver never showed up, and i called, tehy assured it would be there tomorrow. I waited all day, it never came. Called again and again, until finally they said it had been delivered. There were no packages outside, so I asked where they delivered it to. They gave me an address of a house that i had lived in about 6 years ago 300 miles away! They dropped 2200 dollars worth of parts on some guys doorstep. Luckily one of my brothers still lived in the same town, and went and got my packages. I sent UPS a nice email, but never heard anything back from them.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nmerrill

Listen to this horror story, when i ordered my trickflow top end kit i had it delivered to my house in san antonio. driver never showed up, and i called, tehy assured it would be there tomorrow. I waited all day, it never came. Called again and again, until finally they said it had been delivered. There were no packages outside, so I asked where they delivered it to. They gave me an address of a house that i had lived in about 6 years ago 300 miles away! They dropped 2200 dollars worth of parts on some guys doorstep. Luckily one of my brothers still lived in the same town, and went and got my packages. I sent UPS a nice email, but never heard anything back from them.
That sounds like it was your fault for giving or not updating your new address. How is that UPS' fault?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Well the package was origianlly shipped to my address in san antonio, and when i first contacted UPS i confirmed that the boxes were to be shipped to my house in SAN ANTONIO. How they ended up 300 miles away is a mystery to me
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Delivery don't give a crap about our stuff, just their paycheck

Quick Reply: CHP 347 packaging!! = crap