5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CHP 347 packaging!! = crap

Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default CHP 347 packaging!! = crap

So I had Been a fan of coast high and don't get me wrong the quality and craftsmanship of the parts and block work looked exceptional except when the motor arrived.....now this arrived yesturday and is for a friend whom I'm installing the 347 in for at my shop.......now when the truck arrived I noticed all the whopping 2 plastic straps to hold it on the pallet were all broken and the motor was rolling around on the pallet and the box ..cardboard at that to keep a 350 lbs object still was beat up....and the stupid truck driver was slapping it all around on the pallet....right away I was concerned that it may be damaged and sure enough it was..some dufuss dropped the motor but who is to blame?? CHP?? or freight company???...I say both..CHP for crappy packaging of a motor and the frieght company for careless *****.like the one that dropped the motor off
so the moral is unless chp can package better don't order from them!!! glad I didn't!!!Ford Strokers ftw!!!
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/SUNP0008.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/SUNP0001.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/SUNP0002.jpg
Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CHP 347 packaging!! = crap

the box i got from ups looked wprse. i had ordered parts from iceman i was seriously worried that upper intake manifold could have came through one of the holes.

shipping has been horrible
Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

I had Fed-Ex drop off a set of AFR heads on my neighbors door step
2 blocks over that had same street number.

Set of $1,500 heads sitting out all afternoon in front of wrong house.

Driver couldnt find my street, so just put in that it was wrong and was
really the street he dropped it off at.

Luckiley I was watching the delv. status online and caught it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

I have had some bad experience with UPS and FEDEX too... similar situation to r barn, except it wasnt $1500 worth of stuff
Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Damn that would of sucked if you didnt see it/your neighbors didnt pick it up and someone else got it
Old 01-17-2008, 06:33 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

If someone else got those heads, they probably would not even know what they are[8D]

But to the original post, a situation like this should always be resolved first with the company instead of speaking about them.

I would call Mark O'Neal or his sidekick.

Evendiamonds look like crystal when you throw dirt on them...
Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

I have had random packages sent to me from different places that were labeled as FRAGILE, but you never would have known it from the mail guys.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

Did you have to sign for this package?
Obvously CHP must not have the smartest people working for them, but I do beleive this package should have never been accepted. I think you should call the freight company.

I work in a warehouse and we constantly get stuff shipped that the box is messed up. You biggest concern is with the freight company and not with CHP.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:32 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: scooterstang

Did you have to sign for this package?
Obvously CHP must not have the smartest people working for them, but I do beleive this package should have never been accepted. I think you should call the freight company.

I work in a warehouse and we constantly get stuff shipped that the box is messed up. You biggest concern is with the freight company and not with CHP.
Actually it should be with both!! if it were mine..but it's not so I'll let the customer deal with it..why both you ask?? number 1 since when do you use two punny ace straps and a cardboard box to hold a motor on a pallet?? I've always bolted them to a pallet or used metal straps....and as fro the freight company the only beef with them is clumsiness..cause they could say it's chps fault for improper packaging
Old 01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

If someone else got those heads, they probably would not even know what they are[8D]

But to the original post, a situation like this should always be resolved first with the company instead of speaking about them.

I would call Mark O'Neal or his sidekick.

Evendiamonds look like crystal when you throw dirt on them...true but no matter how much you polish a turd it'll still look like and smell like a turd when you get done with it
Personally, it's not my concern....the customer will resolve that end......but when I see a 350 lbs motor arrive in a cardboard box held down with two small plastic straps broken and the motor rolling around on the pallet from a quote un quote reputable company..as you would say:hmmmmmmmmmmm.....it really makes me think who is in charge of quality control....any motor I have ever shipped is properly bolted down and secured with metal bands......there some things you just don't cut costs on so now my poor friend has to deal with who's fault it is , shipping old motor back waiting to have another built and wait for it to arrive.. mean time car ties up my shop......understand!!!!... and I have dealt with CHP many times and I'm not knocking the build of the motor as it looked good...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CHP 347 packaging!! = crap