MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   What do you do for a living..... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/398380-what-do-you-do-for-a-living.html)

5.0stanger 01-25-2008 11:11 AM

What do you do for a living.....

I know this is more off topic, but I really only care about the 5.0 guys.....those are the only ones I know. Anyway, I see a lot of guys on here have some $$ to put in their cars and I always wonder what you do for a living how old, and how much you make a year. Some may think it is too personal, but we all know how has it and who doesn't and beside, it is just the net....if you are embarrased you could lie and no one would know;). I just always wonder what other people do for money....I can't imagine doing anything different

Anyway, I guess I will start

I am 28, married, 2 kids, single income

I am a Tool and Die maker and I make around $55,000 a year depending on hours. In my area this is pretty average.

How about you guys??

BTW, if this isn't ok to post here, just delete it...thanks

rmodel65 01-25-2008 11:23 AM

RE: What do you do for a living.....

im 24 im a collision repair painter, just finished tech school a little over a year ago. working in a small shop, making 30+ a year. need to get into a larger shop and boost that up to about 100K :P but im gonna keep going to school, wanna get into law, i picked something that i could do to support myself till i finish.

Albizo66 01-25-2008 11:24 AM

i guess i can't answer all the questions lol...18, full time student (freshman at college)..work at a paint store on the weekends (and any days off from school)...11 bucks an hour, pays well..

when i graduate it, it will be a "real job" lol in law enforcement

bighungrymatt 01-25-2008 11:26 AM

I am 25 still live at home with my parents... recently broke up with my gf so I am single with no kids haha

Full time I am a Loan Originator/Processor (get commission)

part time I work at Lowes in Tools... $9.09 hour

93 LX FiveO 01-25-2008 11:29 AM

20 years old

sales associate / mechanic at NTB in seabrook

i make about $20k a year after taxes

in the process of aquiring another 5.0 for this summer's project

currently have $3k saved and believe it or not, this will not buy a decent mustang in my area....

uedlose 01-25-2008 11:32 AM

I am a mechanic at this time I also did body and paint work for 15 years. just sick of doing it. I have2 kids and the wife is a clerk forUPS. I dont make enoughmoney to race so I do lots of side work on hot rods on the side at home to pay for my racing. Its tough doing just one car we have 2 onewill be ready for the spring againit is a high 10sec. carwith the old set up and the new set up will be a even faster its my wifes car and then there is mine I have been working on for years I hope to run some low 9s or a bit faster with it.both are fox bodys and both will have turbos. the son will be racing the wifes car by the end of the summer so he has to help work on it.

ISwearItsStock 01-25-2008 11:34 AM

22 years old. IT help desk,making about $37,000 a year. Also deliver the local paper, belive it or not, making about another $20,000 a year.

Engaged with 2 kids

bobbyboura 01-25-2008 11:48 AM

22 years old in the army 4 kids married currently doing what i like working on my car when im not working on military equiptment

86GreenMachine 01-25-2008 12:04 PM

23yrs old, I drive a zamboni for a living and make probly 25-30k\yr.

golden_eye 01-25-2008 12:07 PM

I'm 22 and I'm an unemployed bum. [:@]

I'm in college full time and took a year off from work (used to work grocery, sucked big time). I'm in the process of getting a job at my school as a flight instructor.