5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Another Fun Night (Update Page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Another Fun Night

threads like this make me wonder why people like you dont work on your own stuff.

its not like changing a mid pipe is rocket science
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 AM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Come on now, it has 8 bolts, two O2 sensors and you have to slide two hanger hooks onto the mounts at the same time.
1hr job laying on your back at the most!! But hey, I'm no scientist.
I solved the problem, I just added a pair of 2.5" high-flow cats to my offroad pipe. Still flows great without the stink[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

threads like this make me wonder why people like you dont work on your own stuff.

i'm away at school all week, come home on friday nights, and work all day on saturdays...its just much easier for me to get a shop to do it when i'm at school, summertime is a completely different story..

and im gonna start buying mad tools through my dad using his Snap On discount
Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

i'm away at school all week, come home on friday nights, and work all day on saturdays...its just much easier for me to get a shop to do it when i'm at school, summertime is a completely different story..

waste of money.

get yourself a set of craftsman tools...

Dont get me wrong, snap-on makes great ****... but there tools are WAY overpriced.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

waste of money.

Dont get me wrong, snap-on makes great ****... but there tools are WAY overpriced.
oh i know, but my dad would kill me if i got other tools now lol, so im gonna go to Sears, buy my own air compressor, and then use his discout to get some tools, might as well make take advantage of the discount

you'll hate me for it Adder, but when i get my SLP in the spring, i was gonna have the shop do it...fat ****ing chance i let them touch my exhaust again, im doin it myself, idc how long it has to sit until i have the time
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

**UPDATE**

my buddy and his dad went and swapped my two rear tires today (i have a second set of street tires) and it turns out, i now have a 1/4" hole in my driver side tailpipe now from the rubbing, and my passenger side was totally off the hanger, and even with the new tires (255's, the others were 275's) its still dangerously close to rubbing...they used hanging wire and wired the tailpipes to the fuel tank frame as a quick fix just to get it back to my house for me (it was parked at a gas station)

so tomorrow, i am calling the shop i got the work done at, and am not hanging up until i make sure they adjust my catback for me, free of charge..they are lucky i don't make them pay for a new tire, and now even a new catback, good thing i'm getting SLP in the spring
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

*SECOND UPDATE* called the shop, they will adjust the catback for me for free, i really had to talk them into it though, was on the phone for awhile with them
Old 01-29-2008, 01:18 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

good you got it worked out..
Old 01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Rajun_Cajun
3rd Gear Member

waste of money.

Tell me about it. My dumbass ex-boss paid $3500 for a MIG welder.

Glad you are OK, but seriously. I work 30 hrs a week and go to school full-time and I still have time to work on my car. As soon as it quits raining over here, its goin up on jackstands and gettin LT's and an o/r H. And this is bein done in an apartment complex. Think of what else you could spend that $500 that you are goin to pay for labor. Weather stripping is probably one of the easiest things that yo can do. And you can make sure that the job is done correctly, bc you will know what you did and not have to listen to some mechanic bs you. I used to work at a mustang shop here in San Diego. That experience really opened up my eyes as to how crooked some shop owners are. Here are some of the things that I have seen go on....

Customer paid for a SPEC clutch, boss had me install some Valeo P.O.S.

Customer paid for Wilwood brakes all around. 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. My boss stripped the fittings for the rear brakelines, so he just JB welded them in. If that customer ever finds that out, he is bound to lose his business.

Customer paid for new rims and tires. The rims were powdercoat black and somehow got a nice size gash on the edge. My boss simply used caliper paint to hide it. Then he got used tires and had them mounted. He told the customer that they looked like that bc they had sat out in the sun. He also had one 275 and one 285 on the rear. Thats a good way to burn out a posi.

I could sit here for a good half hour thinking of at least 10 other things that happened. That is why I dont trust ANY shop. I no longer work there bc I dont want to be involved when everything comes crashing down. Karma is a bit**.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

yea man shops are beat. too bad you werent closer to me we could park it up in my garage. at least thats where mine spends its life now.. i find myself putting in more n more parts and nothing better happening.

Quick Reply: Another Fun Night (Update Page 2)