5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Chrisinkw
1st Gear Member

Default What to do

I have been looking into doing something with my engine
I talked to a shop around here and was told it would be better to jusr make my engine into a stroker
but then I got prices, keep in mind this is Canadian and may be a little more than american but still

I was told around $1500-1800 for machining and then 1500-1800 for the stoker kit depending on what one i want
then again another 1500-1800 for heads so i was wondering what do you guys think of those prices??
also was told it wouldnt be good to use my tubular GT40 intake on a stroker

just wondering what would be best for me to do go stroker or just get a crate engine

I dont take the car to the track but would like to have a fun and fairly fast car, I eventually dream of getting a supercharger but when or if that would ever happen is a mystery
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
TwoToned306
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do

The machine work sounds very high to me, I would recomend ordering a short block from a company like DSS or CHP. Dont know how much it would cost to have it shipped to Canada though.
Check out WWW.DSSRACING.COM
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

those prices are high for the machining. the stoker kit price is normal and so its the price of the heads. its fine to use your tubular manifold but if you want to squeeze more power out of it you will need to upgrade that later on
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: TwoToned306

The machine work sounds very high to me, I would recomend ordering a short block from a company like DSS or CHP. Dont know how much it would cost to have it shipped to Canada though.
Check out WWW.DSSRACING.COM
.. DONT buy a motor from DSS... unless you are looking for an expensive paperweight.

Call up Woody at www.fordstrokers.com You will be MUCH happier