5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

NEW FOX!! PICS!!! to mod or not to mod??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NEW FOX!! PICS!!! to mod or not to mod??

it looks good man, i would keep it stock seeing how you have another one to play with . how long ago was it repainted it looks like it has some over spray under the hood , i could be wrong though it just looks like it has a little red dust look on the under hood plastic and stuff . so how much ? 2500?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

it has never been repainted. thats all original. dang, well i thought i got a great deal on it when i payed 3500 bucks. it was listed at 5 a WHILE back then 4500. i offered him 3500 cash and ill pick it up the next day and he agreed.

there is a bit of discoloration from the bumper to the rest of the car, i think its because they are different materials. but aside from that the paint is a 18 year old thing of beauty!

i love the car being stock, no idle surge, no bucking, the car has NO squeeks at all. its the tightest car. my gt just has the wear and tear that this one does not. i just cant leave things alone, leaving this stock would take everything i had in me. but i think you all are right, keep it very close to stock. even though im not planning on selling it, its just fun to drive. i had no idea that stock five-ohs were so fast. hahah

thanks guys
eric
Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

it has never been repainted. thats all original. dang, well i thought i got a great deal on it when i payed 3500 bucks. it was listed at 5 a WHILE back then 4500. i offered him 3500 cash and ill pick it up the next day and he agreed.

there is a bit of discoloration from the bumper to the rest of the car, i think its because they are different materials. but aside from that the paint is a 18 year old thing of beauty!

i love the car being stock, no idle surge, no bucking, the car has NO squeeks at all. its the tightest car. my gt just has the wear and tear that this one does not. i just cant leave things alone, leaving this stock would take everything i had in me. but i think you all are right, keep it very close to stock. even though im not planning on selling it, its just fun to drive. i had no idea that stock five-ohs were so fast. hahah

thanks guys
eric
Technically, everything in the FRPP catalog is OEM Ford... That's close to stock...

Do what will make ya happy with it. It's a nice car, don't be afraid to use it. (and drop it! PLEASE!)
Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

"dropping it" would end this post. there were two reasons why i posted this: 1. to show all the fox lovers on here my new toy i got. 2. to hear everyones oppinion on what to do with the car. dont be the wet blanket on the fire. i was just excited about the car and wanted to share, thats all.

hahaha. FRPP! yes i guess that is stock stuff! i like your thinking!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

I think he meant.. Lower your ride height?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 PM
justakid
2nd Gear Member

Damn that stang looks slick!

Keep her mostly stock...if you can.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: monkeyboy

I think he meant.. Lower your ride height?
^^^ That's what I meant. I wasn't telling you to drop the topic, just the ride height...

Again, it's a sweet car. Please share more pictures!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

oh sorry man,
thats funny. yep, i sure misunderstood that one. yes, your right, it needs to be dropped. are there any springs out there that would drop it but keep the same spring rate? i dont want stiff springs so my car will begin to rattle. it rides like a cadalac now.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

I've heard good things about the 4 cylinder springs for ride height, drag racing, and smooth ride.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Leave the body original. It would be ok to mod the engine, just keep all the original parts in case you decide to sell it.

Quick Reply: NEW FOX!! PICS!!! to mod or not to mod??