5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

how to get to 300 hp ?????

Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how to get to 300 hp ?????

oh and i know it's arguable, but my opinion is too hot a shot of nitrous can be lethal to your engine. even my buddy with the gto who uses it agrees long term it's detrimental, but a lot of guys don't drive around town with it hooked up. he always has his going.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Nitrous isn't flammable.......
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyponer

personally i am afraid of nitrous. i really don't care much about safety, but too much nitrous freaks me out. the stuff can be extremely flammable, and for me that would be a terrible way to go. i am afraid to ride in my buddies 68 gto which is the fastest car i have ever riden in/driven sometimes.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
79stunner
1st Gear Member

Personaly all throttle no bottle.... for me not for every one but h/c/i would be a good start if combined right. I recommend the GT40P's and maybe a Comp Cam. of some type. Ask the supplier (make sure its not a back garage-look into speed shops) which cobo goes with your heads and sometimes they have passed buyers. And for real though wats the 300 just a goal or....?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:03 PM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

Safe tune and a bottle opener/warmer/window switch and nitrous is a damn fine investment. I love the fact I can barnstorm around with at fun 320 hp car...hit a button, flick my SCT chip switch and now I can enjoy a lovely 400plus SAFE hp and monster torque that hits like a SOB.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

I would say my first two methods
1)AFR heads
or
2)super charger

I would say the heads #1 because I always think about the future and as long as your shortblock is still in good shape - - in the future if you want to add heads you'd have more to take off if you did SC first!

order of operations
Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Dave93VertGt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang8689

Just slap some good heads like AFR with cam and intake. Of course you will need bigger fuel pump, injectors, MAF, throttle body, and roller rockers.
i agree with this, but u MUST get it all to the wheels and for that u gotta do better suspension mods. rear lower/upper control arms, traction bars, sticky tires, subframe connectors and maybe some torque box plates. theres at least 6 stangs in my blood related family so i know.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I am affraid of air too, because it is also flamable[8D]

but HCI will get you there, or super charger, or explosive super dangerous nitrous
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 AM
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

i was being very sarcastic about the flammability part. if people wanna put some nitrous in go ahead. i don't do nitrous. the engine detriment part i wasn't joking about, but i really have no experience with the nitrous, but it's a popular belief. everyonei personally knew with nitrous didn't have engine problems, and when they did it was not nitrous related.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:30 AM
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyponer

i was being very sarcastic about the flammability part. when i was younger someone suggested it for my mach 1. iwas afraid it was flammable at the time. i didn't know any better, andhad no clue of it's purpose. i looked into it a little bit,found out it wasn't a hazard, butwouldn't put it in there for other reasons.if people wanna put some nitrous in go ahead. i don't do nitrous. the engine detriment part i wasn't joking about, but i really have no experience with the nitrous, but it's a popular belief. everyonei personally knew with nitrous didn't have engine problems, and when they did it was not nitrous related.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to get to 300 hp ?????