5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

HID Light conversion on a Fox??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: HID Light conversion on a Fox??

ORIGINAL: 88blk5.0

Hmmm..interesting

Im not bagging on the fact that you or other people are using these kits, I will just have to do a bit more reading on them before im convinced that this is a genuine solution to the poor fox headlights (or sunfires )

Some good info here:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html
just because removing the cats from a car is illegal, do you think its going to stop anyone on here from buying O/R pipes??

nobody really gives a ****, and until I get pulled over for my headlights being "too bright", i'll keep what ive got!

thanks for your concern
Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Aren’t HID kits without the proper lens to focus the beam completely blinding to oncoming traffic? It seems as though regular halogen headlight housings were not designed to put up with the extra heat and intensity of the HID lamps (which is why you need a lens). I see a lot of these kits where you can put HID bulbs into your existing halogen housings but I am very curious how safe this is compared to retrofitting an already made HID projector lens from lets say a BMW into the stock lens (in terms of the blindingness factor of oncoming traffic).
I dont know about you..or anyone else..but as for ME...id rather have a couple people pissed at me...as long as i see the deer/branch/other sh*t in the road that ill be able to see with HIDs rather than have sh*tty lights n hit somethin n f up my car...and besides...9times outta 10...the people that flash me for my lights are people who have no clue who i am.and i will never see again...so who cares..
Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88blk5.0

Aren’t HID kits without the proper lens to focus the beam completely blinding to oncoming traffic? It seems as though regular halogen headlight housings were not designed to put up with the extra heat and intensity of the HID lamps (which is why you need a lens). I see a lot of these kits where you can put HID bulbs into your existing halogen housings but I am very curious how safe this is compared to retrofitting an already made HID projector lens from lets say a BMW into the stock lens (in terms of the blindingness factor of oncoming traffic).

HIDs actually run cooler and use less wattage than normal headlights. If they are aimed incorrectly then yes they can be blinding, but same goes for normal headlights as well.