5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Patriot Heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Patriot Heads

Kind-of long...

Well my car is in the shop for the third time for smoking... I had a set of Patriot heads put on back in September and the car has been smoking ever since. I posted a few questions and everyone seemed to think that it was either valve seals or rings. Well I found out Thursday that the valve guides and valve seals were bad. I talked to Patriot and they said that the first 40 sets or so had valve seals and guides from a different manufacturer then who they are using know. They switched due to having problems with that company following the tolerances that Patriot set. They thought they had recalled all the heads but apparently they missed a few and I am one of the lucky ones that got a set. Customer service was easy to deal with and was willing to help me out even thought the heads were out of warranty by a few weeks. The only thing that sucks is the down time until they decide what they are going to do. They shipped a return box to the garage that is doing the work for me so they can send the heads back to Patriot. Patriot is going to examine them to determine if they should repair or replace and then they will ship the heads back to the garage. All said and done I am looking at like another 3 to 4 weeks before my car is back together. What sucks is that this is the third time my car has been torn apart with no guaranty that it will not smoke this time.... Patriot is starting to wear on me. Time will tell if they make it right and make up for the complete hassle it has been. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Patriot Heads

wow man that sucks.
hopefully they take care of everything and a non smoking ride is in ur future.
thats why im always skeptical about brand new parts.
never know what your gonna get.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

they should pay for your gaskets and fluids
Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

those heads are junk out of the box according to ed curtis who messed with a couple sets
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

I tried to be nice about my dislike onthose patriot heads in my posts when they started the sticky on them.I had a feeling they were junk from the start they claimed "out of the box performance" but you can clearly look at the heads they used and they looked worked on to me.That right there proved they were full of sh#@ ! I was scared to say what I really thought I didnt want to get kicked out of the forums since they had there own sticky on mustung forums.

those heads are junk !! thanks Jasperstang308 thats what I wanted to say all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

those heads are junk out of the box according to ed curtis who messed with a couple sets
you get what you paid for.

their new freedom aluminum heads are only 895 fully assembled.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Check out these good reads on the heads:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=907590
http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=43122
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Zach... nice reads. However it is too late for me. I have already payed for and installed the heads on my car. I talked with Gunner last Thursday and I wish I would have read those posts from him before I called. I will be calling him back to ask whats up. Live and learn I guess...

My mechanic emailed me to let me know that the heads got shipped out today. Gunner was to call me when they arrived. Its amazing that for 300 bucks more the amount of aggravation that I could have avoided. I guess I need to see how Gunner and Patriot take care of me before I bail on Patriot completely.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

thanks for posting up the threads on those pos heads you can see their great quality in the pics and i love the way the patriot rep will not come out and say what parts they use cuz it is all over sea's junk ! thanks alot for the info zach i will scratch them off the list of heads to check out .
Old 01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
URLACHER54
2nd Gear Member

man i was going to go with a set on mine but i guess ill just get the GT40s

Quick Reply: Patriot Heads