5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

are these legit?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: are these legit?

looking around they do have many different brands, I know what are, flowtechs are the ones to stay away from and I heard Pace setters dont always line up right... but I may have heard wrong.

Ive never bought something from summit before, so basically if the product doesnt fit like its designed to or its faulty, summit will repair or replace it?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I actually just put a set of those on my friends hatch. they fit fine. There were a bit of a PITA to get in on the passenger side b/c of how big fox starters are, but they fit good.

I'm selling mine though, full exhaust system for $450.

I just scooped some BBK's for cheap cheap money and had them nickel plated.... w00t!

besides.... fox headers dont fit my car right
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelty

looking around they do have many different brands, I know what are, flowtechs are the ones to stay away from and I heard Pace setters dont always line up right... but I may have heard wrong.

Ive never bought something from summit before, so basically if the product doesnt fit like its designed to or its faulty, summit will repair or replace it?
summits fit up fine, they just wont work with aftermarket heads(which suits me just fine because im porting the **** out of some e7s)
Old 02-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

summits fit up fine, they just wont work with aftermarket heads(which suits me just fine because im porting the **** out of some e7s)
my main concern is getting that '86 running and moving under its own power, its transformation to strip/street car will bea slow one.I sorta feel bad letting her sit for so long, but stuff comes up and Ihavnt gotten a chance to finish it. after I graduate college and get my 347 (my gift to me from me) the '86 will prolly get the BBK equals I have on the vert.

but my 12 year old brother wants the t-top for some reason, which wont happen.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

my main concern is getting that '86 running and moving under its own power, its transformation to strip/street car will be a slow one. I sorta feel bad letting her sit for so long, but stuff comes up and I havnt gotten a chance to finish it. after I graduate college and get my 347 (my gift to me from me) the '86 will prolly get the BBK equals I have on the vert.

but my 12 year old brother wants the t-top for some reason, which wont happen.
lol i hear ya about the slowly part.. the only things iv been able to do to my fox so far are little things like paint. i have bought the carpet but other than that, iv just gotten a ton of free stuff from ppl lol
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
campbell990
1st Gear Member

Summit has a 90 handshake guarantee and if you complain enough they will take just about anything back... I used to work there. Their headers are usually made by flotech but some times they make deals with them to use cheaper materials. Like with their cams, crane turns them, but Its out of chinese steel. On their headers I would make sure that the flange is straight and keep the bolts tight or they might warp.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

If your main goal is just getting your car running, get some stockers for $10 and be done with it.

I'm also not bashing those headers on the basis of the price, I'm all about buying inexpensive stuff and I've guinea pigged a few things and gotten lucky. NOBODY on here told me to get the headers I did, but I'm very happy with them. 304 Stainless for $200, thick straight flanges and heavy gauge tube. They fit acceptably.

I bought mine from Mustang Warehouse, but these appear to be the identical thing, and are less expensive. Of course I tossed the hardware and gaskets in the trash and used ARP SS bolts and Percy's gaskets though.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
HYPEracing
2nd Gear Member

summit uses PACESETTER for thier "summit brand" there ok, and great to start off with for only $100
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maxwelhse

If your main goal is just getting your car running, get some stockers for $10 and be done with it.

I'm also not bashing those headers on the basis of the price, I'm all about buying inexpensive stuff and I've guinea pigged a few things and gotten lucky. NOBODY on here told me to get the headers I did, but I'm very happy with them. 304 Stainless for $200, thick straight flanges and heavy gauge tube. They fit acceptably.

I bought mine from Mustang Warehouse, but these appear to be the identical thing, and are less expensive. Of course I tossed the hardware and gaskets in the trash and used ARP SS bolts and Percy's gaskets though.

thanks for the link

I do have stock manifolds, but one of the bolts on the flange where it connects to the mid pipe is broken, plus I want to get a lil oomph out of the car for now, well as much as I can get out of a 100% internally stock motor

but I am holding onto that car forever, even if she becomes a money pit.... well more than of a money pit that she already is lol
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: HYPEracing

summit uses PACESETTER for thier "summit brand" there ok, and great to start off with for only $100
summit uses FLOWTECH for their brand for 5.0 headers