5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

First Day with Bassani Exhaust and a Ticket!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Day with Bassani Exhaust and a Ticket!!

PLUS if it was illegal to modify exhaust, thered be no muffler shops, and companies wouldnt ship here....
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

PLUS if it was illegal to modify exhaust, thered be no muffler shops, and companies wouldnt ship here....
mufflers can be made to OEM spec, not all mufflers are made to make a car louder, plus you have the off-road segment
Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

That's obviously not true, everything is illegal in NY but there are still tons of companies based here selling modified engine and exhuast parts.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:25 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

man idk bout cali..but in illinois where im at ..if you get a ticket for no insurance..all ya gotta do is get some..take it to the court or ur date..prove u have insurance now n they just drop the ticket...and as for the going by ear idk about that..but here they cant estimate speed...they have to have a number that was proven written down...
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM
FredP
2nd Gear Member

me and my brother live in cali and a cop pulled my brother over not to long ago and his exhaust system was loud full h/c/i with and off road bassani x and the cop really just said try to get some 3 chamber flows or something that will get it a little quieter. No ticket because everything was legit and it was smogged so nothing really the cop could have done there. Good luck with this situation
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Ive had cops pull my 68 over just to check it out. No one around here cares about exhaust noise. And no emissions here. Rural communities FTW!!
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 PM
95BLACKGTCONV

Kansas was by feet say if oyu could here your exhaust with 75 ft maybe thats why he wouldn't need a meter.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 PM
94gtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Let see what happens , a friend told me to scan the insurance policy and just change the date and take it to the judge, he tried it 2 times and no problems. As for the exhaust i dont know what is going to happen they have to db meter it.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

a visual or by ear ticket should be hearsay imho. because they have no mathematical way of proving speed. as for the dc meter hwo can they do it by ear when fmvss provide strict guidelines in
which the test will be performed etc, the federal test should take precedent and put forth the stipulation of how the test is performed , ex so many rpms with the meter so many feet away, at such and such an angle etc etc.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcobra

Let see what happens , a friend told me to scan the insurance policy and just change the date and take it to the judge, he tried it 2 times and no problems. As for the exhaust i dont know what is going to happen they have to db meter it.

Hmm wonder how much he'd ding ya for fraud :P

Quick Reply: First Day with Bassani Exhaust and a Ticket!!