5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Summit seats are installed. UPDATE *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Summit seats are installed.

ORIGINAL: gearbanger

ORIGINAL: jtmustang

so did you use the brackets off the stock stang seat or?

what is with the metal with the stock seat hole and then another bolt what bracket is that?

just real curious about the install i like these seats and need something better than my old stock ones?
yes i used the brackets off my stock seats. the metel is there because the seat is to wide and was off by 2 inches, so i just put the piece of metal there so i wont have to drill holes.... but ended up drilling one hole anyways... ill post a pic of that in a bit.... the install was easy it was just a lot of test and trial to get it right... it took about 2hrs to install............ the hood is a 2.5 or 3 inch cobra R hood..
speak of the devil so your sayin u used the stock brackets and the new seats were wider than stockers and that the holes were over 2 inches ? did the new seats come with brackets on them? but the stockers bolted up close?

u dont have a pic from the bottom before u instaslled them in the car do you?

cool cobra r so yeah i need like a 4 inch one of them do they make one in a 4 inch ?did u buy yours new if yes where from?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Well, they don't really match your interior.
im getting black interior
Old 03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gearbanger

so did you use the brackets off the stock stang seat or?

what is with the metal with the stock seat hole and then another bolt what bracket is that?

just real curious about the install i like these seats and need something better than my old stock ones?
yes i used the brackets off my stock seats. the metel is there because the seat is to wide and was off by 2 inches, so i just put the piece of metal there so i wont have to drill holes.... but ended up drilling one hole anyways... ill post a pic of that in a bit.... the install was easy it was just a lot of test and trial to get it right... it took about 2hrs to install............ the hood is a 2.5 or 3 inch cobra R hood..
speak of the devil so your sayin u used the stock brackets and the new seats were wider than stockers and that the holes were over 2 inches ? did the new seats come with brackets on them? but the stockers bolted up close?

u dont have a pic from the bottom before u instaslled them in the car do you?

cool cobra r so yeah i need like a 4 inch one of them do they make one in a 4 inch ?did u buy yours new if yes where from?

this is where i had to drill the hole.... i do have pics of the seats out side the car and were i drilled holes, but those pics are in my other camera at my parents house........ oh yes on the brackets tou have to drill holes because the holes on the seats (were the brackets go) are closer together than stock... and im board so i took another pic of the hood with the nitrous bottle on it lol

Old 03-11-2008, 04:22 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

oh yea i got the hood used so i have no idea what brand it is
Old 03-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

that is a sexy hood, i love the cobra r's nice choice...the seat look good too lol
Old 03-11-2008, 05:06 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

so u had to drill holes through the new seat brackets asnd in the floor and still hadf to make that little metal peice to make it work? so u only had to drill one hole through the floor on each side in the back ?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
apedosmil
1st Gear Member

Look good already from the teaser, I plan on placing a set in mine soon the summit seats are deffinetly a good price.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

so u had to drill holes through the new seat brackets asnd in the floor and still hadf to make that little metal peice to make it work? so u only had to drill one hole through the floor on each side in the back ?
i used the old seat brackets (stock seat brackets) the brackets that they come with will not work. i drilled two holes on the back of the bracket... im having a hard time explaining with out those pics lol.....the little metal piece is there because i did not want to drill anymore hole in the car...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

how much lighter are these then stock?

id like to save some weight, and even though i love the look of the stock seats in my car, that hole "gangster lean" thing the seat does pisses me off!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer

looks good dude. I also like your locking hood pins.

Quick Reply: Summit seats are installed. UPDATE *PICS*