5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

'89 5.0... What's a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 AM
bd1015

Default '89 5.0... What's a fair price?

I am thinking of selling my '89 5.0 LX hatchback automatic (150k) miles. Could you guys please help me figure out what a fair price to ask for this car would be? I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer!

i have put quite a few bolt on mods that would be a great start for a project or a driver.
• Rebuilt the engine at 100k miles. Recently had auto transmission serviced.
• Bored 20 over (pretty sure that was the number).
• under drive pulleys
• Roller Rockers
• Flowmaster cat back exhaust
• Short headers
• k&n
• tint
• alarm
• clear title (I am the second owner)

It currently is not running although the engine and transmission are in solid shape. In the last 10k miles started running rough. Would idle fine for an hour and then run rough for a few minutes. Happened on and off. The idle got a little worse over time. Had a tune-up / diagnostic at the dealer with no success. As I was starting my career i needed something more dependable. Parked it for a month... came back to try to start and the ignition switch was broken. Haven't had time to work on it and now has been sitting for 8 months.

The paint is okay with a little fading on hood, top, and spoiler. The seats are great. The weather stripping on the passenger side needs to be replaced. A little bit of water has leaked in on the passenger carpet. The hatch latch needs to be replaced but works with multiple closes. I would say the overall shape of the car is in fair to good condition. But needs a little work to get it going again -- and i am no mechanic.

I have had this car since '98 and have loved it. I hate to have to part with it, but buying a house and no time or money to work on it.

Any help you could give on reasonable pricing would be a GREAT help!! Thanks in advance, Brandon.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: '89 5.0... What's a fair price?

Pics would be helpful. You probably want get half of what you expect if it's not running though. Spend a litte to get her running and it will sell for much more.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: '89 5.0... What's a fair price?

Get her running and then worry about the price situation, you won't get more than 2k for a non running fox body.