5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

finished exaust have more power with the tips than without???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: finished exaust have more power with the tips than without???!!!

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

[:-] thats pretty fuking loud then
its fairly but its soooo much more agresive just dumped. 2 chambers! i had 3 chambers man i hate them!!!! delta flow 50 series are way too quiet, infact quieter than what was stock on these cars. stay away from 3 chamber anything! oh well i dont have the weld on tips i have the piece by piece stuff u buy outa catalogs so the tips can be slipped off anytime i want it louder, but i like my tips
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

How do tailpipes add backpressure?? My guess is the car is exactly the same and it's all mental. exhuast makes little difference to start with.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

How do tailpipes add backpressure?? My guess is the car is exactly the same and it's all mental. exhuast makes little difference to start with.

Surfacefriction and bends.

Go buy a 10 ft garden hose and a 50 ft garden hose (same diamater) and hook both up to full pressure and you will see the 50 ft one put out alot less pressure.

It is not mental, I have experienced this with 2 of my rides, and a few of other peoples rides. I believe it has been proven on the web somewhere.

But I have not personally tested it on a dyno or anything. If you do a search, you can see alot more of the same reaction with and without pipes.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

[:-] thats pretty fuking loud then
its fairly but its soooo much more agresive just dumped. 2 chambers! i had 3 chambers man i hate them!!!! delta flow 50 series are way too quiet, infact quieter than what was stock on these cars. stay away from 3 chamber anything! oh well i dont have the weld on tips i have the piece by piece stuff u buy outa catalogs so the tips can be slipped off anytime i want it louder, but i like my tips
I recommend an x pipe feeding 2 SLP loudmouths and no Cats if you want to keep 2 and a half inch without changing headers. Mine sounds aggressive enough to turn heads fast, but normal enough to not have that choppy big block sound when you rev it to 5,000 RPM's