5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

t bucket at school pretty sick

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: t bucket at school pretty sick

That thing is ****!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

that thing is pretty very sick!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

UTI is 100% useless, UNLESS you are clueless. I have a UTI student working for me, it was the worst decision he ever made and he realizes it now. He only has a few weeks left till hes done. The place is great if you want to be a dealership parts changer. He is not happy, it cost him 35k dollars to meet me and regrets it everyday. He cant stand having to go everyday. If he had the money he would have went to SAM in Texas, but thats strictly engine building/machining, not playing on a chassis dyno 1 day and playing with a scanner the next. If you like building engines and are more geared towards hi poerformance, UTI is not for you according to him.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

woodsy obviously you got one of the retarded student from uti. it is better than any of the other automotive tech schools unless you want strickly engine building then i guess SAM or what ever it is down in texas is for you. i can diagnos a **** load of things on cars because of this school it is a lot better than that kid is making it out to be. a lot of the kids that go there just go to learn how to tune their honda's or their little imports and dont give a crap about anything else. i have learned so much through this school so much more than i did working at a private shop for a year. dont go saying **** about something you have never been through. as for the engine building we build chevy 350's and we crank some pretty good numbers from them. 378hp n/a from the one i was watching them dyno the other day and then they add power adders and everything and learn how to do it the right way.i hate when people judge the whole school from just one persons opinion and the fact that he obviously didnt pay attentionto anythingif he said it was useless. i think its worth every penny i have spent
Old 03-28-2008, 08:11 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

as for this t bucket its the schools special one it goes to car shows and stuff. we had it at one show in september and they put it in the burn out pit. they had to strap it to the back of the f250 so it wouldnt launch even with the line lock those little tires wont keep it from moving there is just too much power. after burning through a set of those tires that are easily 3 1/2 feet wide it had pulled that truck 12 feet into the pit not to mention covering it with rubber
Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

woodsy obviously you got one of the retarded student from uti. it is better than any of the other automotive tech schools unless you want strickly engine building then i guess SAM or what ever it is down in texas is for you. i can diagnos a **** load of things on cars because of this school it is a lot better than that kid is making it out to be. a lot of the kids that go there just go to learn how to tune their honda's or their little imports and dont give a crap about anything else. i have learned so much through this school so much more than i did working at a private shop for a year. dont go saying **** about something you have never been through. as for the engine building we build chevy 350's and we crank some pretty good numbers from them. 378hp n/a from the one i was watching them dyno the other day and then they add power adders and everything and learn how to do it the right way.i hate when people judge the whole school from just one persons opinion and the fact that he obviously didnt pay attentionto anythingif he said it was useless. i think its worth every penny i have spent
If I got one of the retarded "kids" from there (he's 27 BTW) then I struck gold. He can hold out of round and taper on my powerstroke hone to .0001 (thats one ten thousandth). I have had run ins with dozens of the kids from there as they work at every single auto zone and advance auto parts in chicago. I think I got a pretty good cross section. Sure there will be bright students, those are the minority. I worked at Ford for a long time and seen these kids come and go, total cluelessness. its a great school for dealerships. A fellow machine show owner of mine does all there chevy junk they blow up, and it keeps him busy 3 days out of the week, just UTI's blown up junk

I hope you didnt learn that "roller cam advice" we talked about from someone at your school.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

i havent been through the hot rod classes i have two more classes before i move to them. as for our instructors for the hot rod classes we have 3 of that all worked for machine shops. one of them has a camaro that runs 8's all motor 454. he is one of the only viper certified techs in new england. another has a 78 camaro that has a 396 he built using spare parts from the shop he worked at has had that engine together for 3 years running countless bottles of 300 shot through it with no problems. i myself work at a lincoln mercury dealer. i have yet to have one come back in the 7 months i have been working there. i have only had one miss diagnosis and that was today on an 05 aviator. what sounded and looked like a bad powersteering pump ended up not being it it was the idler right next to it. i even had both master techs check just to make sure they both said the same thing replace the pump it was leaking like a civ from the front seal low on fluid. did the old pry bar to the pump and it was wining right into my ear. took the belt off and spun the other pullies and they were all felt good but it still happened to be that one idler. right now we have 4 other kids from uti working for the dealer. two of them are clueless the other two are very good and one of the bad ones is half deaf. i dont understand why he is in this field he cant hear you unless you are talking right to him
Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

i am also a UTI student and it is a very good school for what it is and it is mainly a diagnostic school almost all they teach you how to do is to diagnose problems with cars. the one thing i really dislike is that they will let almost anybody in so you have the retards who dont care about the school which is probably the reason we dont learn how to fix stuff cause they would probably break it on purpose and i know people like this at my campus.

Now for that T-bucket i wish any of our T buckets still looked that nice and we arent allowed to use the 8-71 my school has because everything they have put it on has blown up which is most because we have to use stock internals on the 350s but they still pump out 500+ HP regurlarly on the 250 fogger shot

Old 03-29-2008, 01:03 AM
ship

yeah, I did UTI on orlando, it was a pretty good deal but there were a lot of stupid people there,, some people who didn't know how to change their oil were side by side with lifelong gearheads,, bad mix

met some cool people though, although I wish there had been way more shop experience there was still more than most.

I agree that it's a mainly diagnostic school, which is basically the essence of working on Daily driver's anyway,, some really skilled mechanic instructors work there, but there's some serious Bull**** involved with their "structure" I would recommend it for younger people

I went after I did the military and it was hard to go back to a high school style environment.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yes you guys are right it is mainly a diagnosis school and they only really touch base with the hot rod and tuning things. if you want to be a serious engine builder thats why they have nascar technical institute. its one of the branches off uti and all they do is build race engines and all that good stuff. thats where all the serious gear heads go.woodsy thats where the kid you have working for you probably should have gone instead of the normal uti. honestly i love this school its been a great experince made a lot of good friends i just freaking hate massachusetts and i cant wait to get the hell out of this state and back to jersey

Quick Reply: t bucket at school pretty sick