5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

t bucket at school pretty sick

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: t bucket at school pretty sick

ORIGINAL: woodsy

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

woodsy obviously you got one of the retarded student from uti. it is better than any of the other automotive tech schools unless you want strickly engine building then i guess SAM or what ever it is down in texas is for you. i can diagnos a **** load of things on cars because of this school it is a lot better than that kid is making it out to be. a lot of the kids that go there just go to learn how to tune their honda's or their little imports and dont give a crap about anything else. i have learned so much through this school so much more than i did working at a private shop for a year. dont go saying **** about something you have never been through. as for the engine building we build chevy 350's and we crank some pretty good numbers from them. 378hp n/a from the one i was watching them dyno the other day and then they add power adders and everything and learn how to do it the right way.i hate when people judge the whole school from just one persons opinion and the fact that he obviously didnt pay attentionto anythingif he said it was useless. i think its worth every penny i have spent
If I got one of the retarded "kids" from there (he's 27 BTW) then I struck gold. He can hold out of round and taper on my powerstroke hone to .0001 (thats one ten thousandth). I have had run ins with dozens of the kids from there as they work at every single auto zone and advance auto parts in chicago. I think I got a pretty good cross section. Sure there will be bright students, those are the minority. I worked at Ford for a long time and seen these kids come and go, total cluelessness. its a great school for dealerships. A fellow machine show owner of mine does all there chevy junk they blow up, and it keeps him busy 3 days out of the week, just UTI's blown up junk

I hope you didnt learn that "roller cam advice" we talked about from someone at your school.
No offense Woodsy but you need to compare apples with apples here.....the kid you got I'm sure is really good....but he went to a automotive tech school whose interest and expertise now is in the machinist part of this industry...of course UTI would be useless to him....it's kinda like the saying goes: you gotta use the right tool for the right job...ya can't use your hand as a hammer...or then again maybe you can???....the kid should of went to a place where he stricktly was taught the tricks of the trade for machine work where his interest is......I'm no machinest and know how to check all the important specs but as to doing it..I have no machines or know how to do the machine work...that's why I trusted you to do the job.......nor would I have an interest in doing machine work day in and day out...I enjoy being a tech.... the work is always different day in and day out...never the same two processes in a row.......As for uti I can't comment on their abilities but your only as good a tech as your willing to apply yourself......we just fired a tech who had 20 plus years experience over me and he was horrible..I was constantly showing him how to troubleshoot CAN systems on bmw's and mecredes and volkswagens......but then again he refused the free CTI classes our shop is enrolled in each month for continuing education in the auto tech field
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

What does the T-bucket have for a tranny?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

ORIGINAL: woodsy

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

woodsy obviously you got one of the retarded student from uti. it is better than any of the other automotive tech schools unless you want strickly engine building then i guess SAM or what ever it is down in texas is for you. i can diagnos a **** load of things on cars because of this school it is a lot better than that kid is making it out to be. a lot of the kids that go there just go to learn how to tune their honda's or their little imports and dont give a crap about anything else. i have learned so much through this school so much more than i did working at a private shop for a year. dont go saying **** about something you have never been through. as for the engine building we build chevy 350's and we crank some pretty good numbers from them. 378hp n/a from the one i was watching them dyno the other day and then they add power adders and everything and learn how to do it the right way.i hate when people judge the whole school from just one persons opinion and the fact that he obviously didnt pay attentionto anythingif he said it was useless. i think its worth every penny i have spent
If I got one of the retarded "kids" from there (he's 27 BTW) then I struck gold. He can hold out of round and taper on my powerstroke hone to .0001 (thats one ten thousandth). I have had run ins with dozens of the kids from there as they work at every single auto zone and advance auto parts in chicago. I think I got a pretty good cross section. Sure there will be bright students, those are the minority. I worked at Ford for a long time and seen these kids come and go, total cluelessness. its a great school for dealerships. A fellow machine show owner of mine does all there chevy junk they blow up, and it keeps him busy 3 days out of the week, just UTI's blown up junk

I hope you didnt learn that "roller cam advice" we talked about from someone at your school.
No offense Woodsy but you need to compare apples with apples here.....the kid you got I'm sure is really good....but he went to a automotive tech school whose interest and expertise now is in the machinist part of this industry...of course UTI would be useless to him....it's kinda like the saying goes: you gotta use the right tool for the right job...ya can't use your hand as a hammer...or then again maybe you can???....the kid should of went to a place where he stricktly was taught the tricks of the trade for machine work where his interest is......I'm no machinest and know how to check all the important specs but as to doing it..I have no machines or know how to do the machine work...that's why I trusted you to do the job.......nor would I have an interest in doing machine work day in and day out...I enjoy being a tech.... the work is always different day in and day out...never the same two processes in a row.......As for uti I can't comment on their abilities but your only as good a tech as your willing to apply yourself......we just fired a tech who had 20 plus years experience over me and he was horrible..I was constantly showing him how to troubleshoot CAN systems on bmw's and mecredes and volkswagens......but then again he refused the free CTI classes our shop is enrolled in each month for continuing education in the auto tech field
Mike, my guy is from uti, hes just a little salty after paying the 35k for the year thats all. If you like dealership work then uti is a good spot for someone really green. I worked at Ford for far too many years. You can keep working on mini vans, oil changes and all that junk. I worked with so many guys in the "dealer" rut. We actually did some actual engine work though, unlike nowadays. At my Ford dealer it was really cut and dry, like ALOT of dealers. We had 1 SBDS guy, 2 Trans guys and the rest did either warranty junk work or if you were buddies with the service manager you got pay work.