5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

something to do this weekend**INSTALLED w/ pics**

Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: something to do this weekend

ORIGINAL: Bullitt94

Are you going to make use of the shoulder harness holes on the seatsin the future?
i was actually thinking about it because the counter balance weight thing that locks my stock seat belts is funked up and they dont always retract and they dont else engage...so i was thinkin of just goin all out and just gettin a harness...[8D]

Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

did you compare weight at all?

can you give a link to the seats?

ive been wanting to switch mine out for weight savings, but the biggest part is the drivers seat has this gangster lean to it, and liek you said, when getting on it, or taking a left hand turn hard, i can feel myself moving around alot[:@]

my problem is idk how i would get it lined up strait, and centered, etc..... ive never done anything like that before.
my seatbelts do the same thing, so it would be nice to get rid of them and get a 4pt harness[8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 AM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

i installed the summit seats not to long ago so far i like them.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: 302army187

did you compare weight at all?

can you give a link to the seats?

ive been wanting to switch mine out for weight savings, but the biggest part is the drivers seat has this gangster lean to it, and liek you said, when getting on it, or taking a left hand turn hard, i can feel myself moving around alot[:@]

my problem is idk how i would get it lined up strait, and centered, etc..... ive never done anything like that before.
my seatbelts do the same thing, so it would be nice to get rid of them and get a 4pt harness[8D]
lining it up is not a problem. dont order those seat brackets though from summit, its more trouble than they are worth to work them. i have lots of metal work experiance and it wasn't fun trying to make them work and it sits higher than i want them too. im going to get steel and bend my own brackets.

as to your question for lining them up, its a cinch. you done have to worry about that, the biggest worry is to make sure your seat sits flat on all four sides which isnt hard to do even for a newb to custom modifacations. just measure a lot and take your time, no rush here.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

sounds good

links?

weight savings?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

screw you I plan on getting some of those
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

they are on teh summit website. weight savings...a minimal amount. they weigh about the same as the stockers. the stocker seats are already fairly on the light side. i think its the sn95 and up is where they start to get heavy

Search this Thread