5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Whats your opinion.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
TrickFlowTech
Banned

Default RE: Whats your opinion.....

ORIGINAL: blwn93gt

on the spyder intake verses a trickflow track heat? I am moving up from a 302 based motor to a 351 based motor and id like to know how good the spyder intake is (http://coasthigh.com/Fuel%20Injection/spyder.htm). i figure instead of buying a new lower for my trickflow and be stuck with a 302 lower i would just get a new intake all together. I think this one would make the engine look a lot cleaner. any other manufacturer make intakes like these?
Sell the intake you have now and put the Box R intake on it.

The Street/Track uppers are not compatable with the R-series/351 lowers, the runner spacing is different between them.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
blwn93gt
3rd Gear Member

i looked up the super vic efi intake and it says that i will have to use a small diameter MSD distributor. if i go that route ill have to adjust my timing curve with springs and such. I have a PMS computer that i will be using to adjust my timing curve.

what do you think a good asking price would be on a used track heat intake? and how much should i ask for my JBA ceramic shorty headers? the only thing with the headers is that the weld spatter on them started to rust. other than that they look great.

edit: hey trickflow tech - checked out the price on that box r intake. my god i would have to sell my left nut for that [:'(]$766.95 from summit. thats out of my budget unless you got one heck of a discount for military veterans.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 AM
TrickFlowTech
Banned

Sorry guy we do not sell direct. I just gave you a suggestion on what would work good on your combination.