5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dissapointingt day at track

Old 04-20-2008, 05:25 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dissapointingt day at track

I was wundering what that beast ran...Nothing wrong with those numbers. However, some MT ET streets will help. Any Vid's?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

With that mile an hour you might even be able to see and 11.2 or 11.3. What were your 1/8 times. You might want to consider a set of et drags especially since you are a 5 speed.

BTW how does that TKO shift? Some people really complain there hard to powershift.
Yea, thats the plan, to get better tires. I love the way the TKO shifts. I havn't done any power shifting with it yet, but i shift at 6900 and have no problems.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dukeme

I was wundering what that beast ran...Nothing wrong with those numbers. However, some MT ET streets will help. Any Vid's?
[align=left][/align]
I think a buddy's wife got a video. They are from N ga. I pm'ed him on another forum and asked his to post it tonite. If he did get one i'm sure he'll post it and then i'll post it up here.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^^^^^to bad you don't live closer cause our cars are nearlly equal in mph........pending on who gets traction would be the winner......I had traction issues to and had to launch lighter on my second run...but all things considered not bad times for you......weather may have been a factor too for you but then again I don't know what the air was like the first time out for you vs the second time...for us it was in the upper 70's low 80's yesterday
Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

The DA sucked today. Just about everyone was slower than a few weeks ago. Best time for me today was:

60' 1.72
1/412.03
MPH 117.38

All times were 12.0's and 12.1's with mph being 116-117.The BFG's are not cuttin it. I'll be on the lookout for some MT drag radials. Everyone has been raving about them. There's always next time lol.
I know the feeling.[:@] Last years last outing was just that. Consistent 12.0's 12 teens just under 118.00. I'm convinced it was my tires as well.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:12 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

With me and you it would come down to traction and driver. I think our engines our evenly matched power wise. The temp today was low 80's. I'm just having traction problems. My mph is way to high for 12.0's. Last time i managed 2 runs of 11.9. My mph was a tad bithigher today but et's were slower. Short time's were about the same. I should not be spinning in second. I think i'm gonna try those new mt's. My next mod to engine is going to get my heads ported. I'm running stock 170cc tw's with only the intake port matched. I dont have a plate for the nitrous yet and i'm in no hurry to use it. With the sun and wind today my redneck has really come out lol. I gots sunburned.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Good numbers man. What track? Silver Dollar?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

you know it. It's about 35 miles from me. You ever been?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

With me and you it would come down to traction and driver. I think our engines our evenly matched power wise. The temp today was low 80's. I'm just having traction problems. My mph is way to high for 12.0's. Last time i managed 2 runs of 11.9. My mph was a tad bithigher today but et's were slower. Short time's were about the same. I should not be spinning in second. I think i'm gonna try those new mt's. My next mod to engine is going to get my heads ported. I'm running stock 170cc tw's with only the intake port matched. I dont have a plate for the nitrous yet and i'm in no hurry to use it. With the sun and wind today my redneck has really come out lol. I gots sunburned.
Yeah I agree it'd come down to driver and traction.....I managed a meager 1.70 60 ft on the second run but had to lower rpm launch and let more air out of tires and it still spun a little...with my 306 I was doing the same 60 fts with less power but traction wasn't to much of an issue with that motor...track prep was horrible to saturday.....no vht/sticky used at all[:'(]
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

That's the problem with clubs renting the track around here,they dont spray the vht. What tires do you run and what rpm's are you launching. I've got the bfg's and get the best short time launching at 5500 but still spin and spin going into second everytime also.I tried launching lower but my short time was lower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dissapointingt day at track