5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Need opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Default Need opinions!!

K guys, Im in a pickle here and need your input. I want to sell my fox and get a SN95. I found one for 6k, which isnt too bad for around here. Its a green 5 speed 5.0L. It's in overall decent condition, except it was in an accidnet and has a rebuilt status. He showed me pics of the damage, the passenger fender took most of the hit, the hood got knocked up and hit the windshield. The front bumper was fine other than scratched up. The front end got repainted and looks good as new. The windshield still has cracks though. The air bags were deployed but he got the airbag replaced. (its very difficult to tell that it was in an accident). The paint overall is decnt condition, no dings or scratches for the most part. The wheels and tires are in good condition. Tan interior is over all pretty good condition. For an extra $500 he will throw in eagle alloy saleen replicas, new cobra headlights and black leather front and back seats. Mileage is 164000 kms, (100,000 miles). All stock, including exhaust.

The clutch makes a weird sound when you press it in, and chatters when driving, so I would assume it needs replacing. The brakes felt a little soft compared to my fox. But the thing that bugs me the most is it felt gutless. When I gave it gas in first it didn't even come close to breaking the wheels free. My fox would light em like nothing if I did that. I didn't think weight and exhaust would make that much of a difference. although it did look like it could use a tune up, the air filter looked pretty dirty.

Here's some pics, let me know what you think, so far I am leaning towards it, Im just scared cause I know the history of my fox, and I know it won't cause me any problems. But I've always wanted a sn95.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need opinions!!

I'd have it checked for frame damage.

Although it looks alright doesn't mean it didn't get messed up.

My body looked good till i jacked it up and noticed my frame is messed up a little.

AND 6k for a wrecked mustang seems high for me, with 100k miles anyway... if it had like 30k then i can understand.

I would stick with the fox for now, find a better deal.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:29 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

I think the frame was alright. I looked at the body panels where the damage was and you can't tell at all. All the panels line up nicely. With the saleens, cobra headlights and leather seats, I think the car will look sick. And most people around here seem to think that SN95's are worth gold. This was one of the cheapest I could find that wasn't a piece of crap. I just don't get why it felt so slow. I know its stock, but so is my car. It felt like it had no torque compared to my car.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 AM
robs87fox
2nd Gear Member

That's way to much money for a sn95

You can find one with a clean title in great shape for 5k or less
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 AM
satutoring
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't go near it knowing it's history.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

well i think the fox 5.0 is a much stronger and better motor but the sn95 look very sharp..that car seems a little high in price..i would wait if i were u and shop around
Old 04-22-2008, 05:08 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

That's an insane price for a rebuilt title. You would save more money buying one that's clean in another state and having it shipped or driven back to your home. If you want my opininion don't go near it or offer the owner $3K MAX. I don't care about what people think about the price of their vehicles where you live. Book value is book value. We're talking late model Mustang's that were mass produced, not limited production Cobra's or Saleens.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Ya I guess today I will let him know that I'm not interested. Seems hard to find a decent mustang at a decent price in Canada.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Ugh, its too hard finding a nice 5 speed SN95 for a decent price. You guys should find one for me. Something not too far away from Vancouver, BC.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
5.0stang123
2nd Gear Member

It looks good and is a good price for around here. /maybe get it inspected for frame damage, that way youll be safe. Im sure a tune up and new cluych would fix the sluggish problems. With the saleen rims and leather that car would look dam good. You guys dont understand canada prices on mustangs[:@]

Quick Reply: Need opinions!!