5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

what to expect to pay for tint....?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:11 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what to expect to pay for tint....?

You should just learn how to do it yourself, thats what we did with my buddies regal, we got a kit from Kragen
Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: bbbngowc

I paid $35 cause I did the job myself. It's really not hard.

Oh and it was my first time tinting a car.

2 Things to keep in mind

1. Cut the shape of the window from the groove in door frame
2. be mindful of the two sides of the tint. One side has clear and the other is the tint.

It was easy and fun. Reason I paid $35 is because I was looking for the most expensive tint. $35 was for 3 boxes (just in case I messed up - which I did).
for some reasonthis sounds fishy...i pay A LOT more than that for tinting materials and i do it myself.

send a link of where you get your tint, if its some quality stuff i will buy it.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DoctorD415

ya, i was thinkin about that, but idk, it all depends on what kinda quote i get. I talked to a guy today though to try and get a quote and he told me he doesnt do cars that old, because of warranty issues, because seals worn and stuff and they can ruin the tint or something, idk, so hopefully i dont get this problem with the other places i call.
Such BS....shops would rather turn older cars (Foxes) down and wait forsomeone to call w/ a07-08 or later model car b/c there usually clean and easier. Foxes are not the easiest, the the rollups windows can be a pain. For hatchbacks the Back Glass is way easy, butthe Notch back glass is up there with the more difficult backwindows. One of the hardest back glasses know is the late 80's-90 Thunderbird. You'll notice alot of them around untinted b/c they were give such a high quote and can't afford it. Ive heard tinters quote 225+ on these. For anyone in Phoenix, AZ I do Foxes for 100.00. I even threw in a Timingadvance infor one custy.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: camaroeater

ORIGINAL: DoctorD415

ya, i was thinkin about that, but idk, it all depends on what kinda quote i get. I talked to a guy today though to try and get a quote and he told me he doesnt do cars that old, because of warranty issues, because seals worn and stuff and they can ruin the tint or something, idk, so hopefully i dont get this problem with the other places i call.
Such BS....shops would rather turn older cars (Foxes) down and wait forsomeone to call w/ a07-08 or later model car b/c there usually clean and easier. Foxes are not the easiest, the the rollups windows can be a pain. For hatchbacks the Back Glass is way easy, butthe Notch back glass is up there with the more difficult backwindows. One of the hardest back glasses know is the late 80's-90 Thunderbird. You'll notice alot of them around untinted b/c they were give such a high quote and can't afford it. Ive heard tinters quote 225+ on these. For anyone in Phoenix, AZ I do Foxes for 100.00. I even threw in a Timingadvance infor one custy.
how much do you guys buy your tint rolls for? im just comparing to what I pay. I've bought 20 and 30' rolls at $180 and has a 5 year no fade warrenty. I tell my friends and customers 3 year warrenty no fade or bubbles with proper care.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

[/quote]

for some reasonthis sounds fishy...i pay A LOT more than that for tinting materials and i do it myself.

send a link of where you get your tint, if its some quality stuff i will buy it.
[/quote]

Yea it does...with film you get what you pay for. A commonly used roll of20"x100' your gonna pay atleast$100 and up to$160 for some.Stay away from Lunar Solar film, that film faded on my car after three months(cheap film)$75 for a 20"X100' roll.

Hey 5ohh, if you have not heard of GLOBALFILMS,you might want to check them out. They distribute from AZ, TX, FL and other cites. They have 20"x110' for $110 and 40"x110' for $220.
It the HP(High Performance metallizedline) Film shades by % 5,10,20,30,40,45,50
Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: camaroeater
Yea it does...with film you get what you pay for. A commonly used roll of20"x100' your gonna pay atleast$100 and up to$160 for some.Stay away from Lunar Solar film, that film faded on my car after three months(cheap film)$75 for a 20"X100' roll.

Hey 5ohh, if you have not heard of GLOBALFILMS,you might want to check them out. They distribute from AZ, TX, FL and other cites. They have 20"x110' for $110 and 40"x110' for $220.
It the HP(High Performance metallizedline) Film shades by % 5,10,20,30,40,45,50
i'll check that out for sure! sounds like you get a lot more for the price then what i've been paying but i make money either way. what type of warrenty do you get from the company? my first tint job was on lunar solar film and i didnt like that stuff AT ALL!

thanks for the heads up on the deals, this should lower my price for my customers quite a bit
Old 04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
bbbngowc
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

I paid $35 cause I did the job myself. It's really not hard.

Oh and it was my first time tinting a car.

2 Things to keep in mind

1. Cut the shape of the window from the groove in door frame
2. be mindful of the two sides of the tint. One side has clear and the other is the tint.

It was easy and fun. Reason I paid $35 is because I was looking for the most expensive tint. $35 was for 3 boxes (just in case I messed up - which I did).

I bought the tint from an AutoZone (or was it Advance Auto ). The most expensive one they had at the time was $9.99. 20% Smoke. Came out pretty nice.

You can also buy pre-cut Window Tint. All you need is soapy water and a squeegy.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:54 PM
TI302
2nd Gear Member

pre cut sucks, and the walmart/autozone tint will last about 2 years before turning purple
Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
usmc082007
1st Gear Member

i would say between $100-$200. it depends on where u go
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
DoctorD415
2nd Gear Member

alright, well im contemplating doing it myself, but idk where to get it. If im gunna do it i wanna get some decent stuff. What stie do you order from or are there any generic places that sell good stuff. Im in the northeastern area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what to expect to pay for tint....?