5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Might buy a 4 EYES, Is this worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 PM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Default Might buy a 4 EYES, Is this worth it?

I offered him 1500 for it. Said he would take it. The pro's and cons.. The alternator isnt charging the battery for some reason. Under the engine bay needs a little bit of re wireing witch shouldnt be bad on a carb motor. Theres also alot of vacum lines un hooked. The car runs good intill it warms up then it starts spittn and sputtering and shuts off ( Carb problem? ) Interior wise needs rear seats and rear trunk carpet, stereo and looks like the lower peice below the steering column is missing as well. The paint looks pretty good.Alsoits a302 HO 4V, or is the cover wrong onthe carb?Ithas full exhuast and they claim 450hp lol but looks bone stock,Windshield is cracked also. On the inside theres minor things missing and also needs a headliner witch i can make my self. There telling me its got a boss 302 block in it, anyway i can tell? It dose have tall valve covers on it. There also claiming they have over 5grand in the car. My main thing is, Could i turn some money on this car by buying, fixing, and reselling?
Old 05-23-2008, 10:28 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Might buy a 4 EYES, Is this worth it?

I doubt it has 450 hp and a boss block...look up by the starter and get the casting number.....if it say e7....call BS on da' boss man!!!!! stock they had 210 hp and starting up a 450 N/A carbed car you'd know it's claim to be true by the sound[&:]
Old 05-24-2008, 09:44 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Sounds like it needs more than its worth, post up some pics so we can tell you better
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

With the regular motor I would have only offered a grand. +1 on not having a boss. If it did he wouldn't let it go for $1500 either.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:32 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Boss block has screw in freeze plugs don't they? As far as it runs good untill it warms up and you say it spits & sputters and then dies. Bring another coil with you, change it out and try it then. Ask if he minds that you pop a valve cover off. If you find stock BS valvetrain, just ****** your coil back off and get back in your car and drive off leaving his junk exposed. Let him replace the valve cover. He's not gonna be pushing 450 hp with stock valve train I promise you that. Not without a crazy power adder.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Well i know it dosnt have 450hp lol. with stock carb and shorty headers lol. id say its bone stock with just headers. He also said he did a buck 50 and had half more throttle to go lol.. But im going to look up all the stuff it needs price wise and offer him a grand for it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em250249608671 theres the car on ebay. Sorry i ment to post that inmy first post.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:47 AM
wheelliftnpony
3rd Gear Member

Hey, I was just looking really hard at them pics. Do you see what i see in that back of that one? A blue fox with tags. Just wrondering if he hid that from me when i came out and is selling this one cuz he knows somthins up... and his dad keep talkn to me like it was a 9second car lol, then he pulled down his v6 05 mustang talkn bout puttn a blower n stuff on it lol.. and he just keep pulln **** out of his *** on the fox body
Old 05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
VASSAGO
Banned

wow dont pay more then $500 for that hunk bro
Old 05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

that thing is a hacked up wreck!!!! if it runs 800 to 1000 max for a parts car[&:]
Old 05-24-2008, 02:19 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

The body from the outside looks ok. But it isn't worth what he wants for it. The paint job wasn't a good proffesional one I can tell you that. Look at the engine bay pic, They painted/oversprayed on the rubber bumbers for the hood. They just don't know how to sell a car. 20 mins of cleanup on that thing would have went a long way! It probably has the original motor that hasn't been touched with the 180,000 miles the odometer says. Anyone who would have pulled the motor to do some work would have tried to clean up the wires a little.....I hope. The floors are probably covered in rust too. I bet you will find alot of bondo on that body. Try giving him 2500 for that Super Coupe there beside it

Quick Reply: Might buy a 4 EYES, Is this worth it?