5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Trick flow kit on 95 5.0- what problems?

Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Trick flow kit on 95 5.0- what problems?

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

you can do alot better, for alot less money
Incorrectly stated. That is some misinformation there.

There are literally hundreds of people that have hit anywhere from 290-310 RWHP with that "kit". Tell them to remove the valve covers, and use all the pieces. Great put together kit, and great bang for the buck.

Is there better, yes. Not much cheaper for the power.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

ORIGINAL: mjr46

^^^^^nope the trick flow valve covers that come in the kit work fine......just need to grind a little on the egr mounting base and as for drivibility..you'll need a tune to correct any idle surge accompanied with cam .. if it were me to avoid a tune I would replace stage 1 cam with a steeda #19
Two things wrong with your post.

1) I did not say it would not work at all. I said it may present a problem, and you listed it.

2) You do not need a tune for a TFS-1. My buddy (1994) has a TFS-1 and no tune needed. Runs just fine.
here we go again number two I will strongly disagree cause you have 1 under your belt and I have more than you can count on your hands and toes under mine.........not always the case so that's what's wrong with your post..and I have numerous articles to support my claim and refute yours.....and it's nearly midnight here so we'll save this debate for later.....understand one thing and understand it very clear Dave some do add the trick flow kit and never experience a issue on the sn-95 however more often than not people do and experience idle surge. hunting idle out of the blue and if you understood the scaller tables and the conservative arrangement of such..... you'd know that after that trick flow kit is put on that sn-95 and I do the same to a fox thatI can get the fox to out run the sn-95 ..even with weight added to the fox.. it's in the ecm tune yet another debate for another day been there done it more than I can count and I'm sure your buddies runs fine but trust me the ecm has limited the kits full potential , have your buddies sn prof tuned and you'll get back what the foxes already can adjust for
Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yeah what he said

but to the op it all comes down to what u want to do just cruise around on the streets then get the kit and get it tuned

if u want something faster with less street time and more track time than build something from scratch or look into other peoples build

how fast do u want to go? do u daily drive the car or will u be?do u have another vehicle to drive? cause these are all questions that u need to answer for yourself to decide which way u should go

take the guess out and get more hp for same money a simple 7-10 lbs of boost would be fun to drive and good on gas?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

i personally witnessed a race, 2 sn95's, both with the trick flow kit, one auto the other stick.
the t5 had a decent tune and the auto car didnt have alot of tuning done from what i remember, the t5 car had some road race suspension and good tires, the auto, not sure on tires.
the auto went a best of 13.9 and the stick finally got a 12.97 after launching at like 5k-5500
the a/f ratio was tweeced a little more on the auto car and it is now faster, dont know by how much yet.
ill have to find the video, somewhere on the internet.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Old 06-09-2008, 07:44 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

here we go again number two I will strongly disagree cause you have 1 under your belt and I have more than you can count on your hands and toes under mine.........not always the case so that's what's wrong with your post..and I have numerous articles to support my claim and refute yours.....and it's nearly midnight here so we'll save this debate for later.....understand one thing and understand it very clear Dave some do add the trick flow kit and never experience a issue on the sn-95 however more often than not people do and experience idle surge. hunting idle out of the blue and if you understood the scaller tables and the conservative arrangement of such..... you'd know that after that trick flow kit is put on that sn-95 and I do the same to a fox thatI can get the fox to out run the sn-95 ..even with weight added to the fox.. it's in the ecm tune yet another debate for another day been there done it more than I can count and I'm sure your buddies runs fine but trust me the ecm has limited the kits full potential , have your buddies sn prof tuned and you'll get back what the foxes already can adjust for
Who said I knew just one with a TFS-1 in a 94-95? I gave one example.

There is a difference.

I could care less about "articles" in magazines or online, but that is my preference.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^me too! I'm speaking first hand experience...like I said it's hit or miss..more often than not it's hit
Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Bunk
1st Gear Member

OK, so lets change this up a bit. What would you (MJR46/5SPD GT)do to get 350-400 horse from my engine? I have fuel delivery and exhaust done.

It gets driven like its stolen most every weekend.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

rear wheel or flywheel??
Old 06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Bunk
1st Gear Member

rear wheel or flywheel??
400 flywheel..Must be reliable. Fuel conservation is not a issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trick flow kit on 95 5.0- what problems?