5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New 94 GT owner looking for info....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
JS94MustangGT

Default New 94 GT owner looking for info....

I was directed here from the 'new member' forum.....[/align][/align]I'm another noob here. I just bought a '94 GT coupe and had a few questions. I'm basicly illiterate when it comes to Mustangs, all I know is general info that I learned on wikipedia and sites like that.

My car is this light metallic blue with a hint of green in it. Not sure what the official color is, I'll look up the code tomorrow.

One thing that I've noticed is that my GT emblems are gold, not chrome. I've seen other 94's in other colors with both gold or chrome emblems. Is there any significance to one or the other?

Also, my lettering on the rear valance is filled in with gold, matching the emblems. I know afermarket kits are sold to fill these in, did Ford ever make any Mustangs with this trim as a stock or dealer installed option?

In the VIN #, one site did not list my engine code (T), another site I found listed it as a 5.0, 215hp, but that's the same as an (E) code, I think. Why did Ford use 2 different codes for the same engine?

Other specifics on my car: It's a 5-spd, gray leather interior with black trim and moldings. It has 146,500 miles, and I paid $4100 for it. It runs excellent, though a Mustang enthusiast could probably point out some quick fixes to get a little more power out, I'm sure.

Carfax on it was clean. No accidents or damage reported. It was initially registered as a commercial vehicle. Does that mean it was originally a rental car?

It has wheels from a later model GT (that's what the dealer said). I'd love to know what year the wheels are from.

I love the car so far. Good acceleration, handling, altogether a nicely packaged and equipped sports car in my opinion.

Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks,[/align][/align][/align]****EDIT****[/align][/align]Since originally posting this, I've found out that my wheels are from the 96-98 series GT, the color is officially called Teal, it was probably a rental car initially, and that gold emblems are much less frequently found than chrome ones. Still no idea to the significance of that (if any) or about the engine code. The emblems aren't color coded, as I've seen them on other colors, mostly red and white, but I've seen chrome emblems more often by far on all colors.[/align]
Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: New 94 GT owner looking for info....

no sig to emblems at all someone probably just swapped them out
Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

the T and E engine codes dont mean squat... the only engine code that matters is "D"

T and E just mean 5.0HO
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

lets see some pics
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Congrats and welcome

Key note to a new cobra owner thanks in part to an old cobra owner:

Running a water hose through your engine to flush out the oil is big no no
Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: mighty90

Congrats and welcome

LMAO, that was classic!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: mighty90

Congrats and welcome

LMAO, pro's response was classic, i would love to sig it, if it wasnt so large.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:16 AM
JS94MustangGT

ORIGINAL: stang8689

lets see some pics
[/align][/align]Ok, hope this works.....[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]Since these pics, I've tinted the windows, washed, wazed, & detailed, repaired the front spoiler that was hanging down, and will soon have to replace the U-joints, as they started making noise this past week. But I took it to the Pearl Jam show in Columbia SC 2 weeks ago (from JC TN) and it was a blast to drive the whole way.[/align]
Old 06-29-2008, 01:10 PM
94TealGT
2nd Gear Member

Your color is teal. Color code RD i believe. The gold lettering was probably done by the previous owner. I basically have the same car with the 5 spd and interor colors.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

nice looking car and you paid a nice price for it. you got the same wheels as my car, not a big fan of em but better than the 94/95 style wheels. quick performance stuff is tune up, bump up timing, full exhaust and 3.73 gears. the gears really wake up the car and the exhaust just makes it sound like a v8 stang should[8D]

Quick Reply: New 94 GT owner looking for info....