5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Fresh new maaco paint!!! (UPDATED more pics on pg2)

Old 06-18-2008, 11:41 AM
PolozLX
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Fresh new maaco paint!!!

ORIGINAL: ford91mustang

the paint was $250 then $100 for doin prep work. the total was $450 with labor and tax.
if u get really close to the car u can see some imperfections. i wanted the car to look good when u r driving by it and it does. its definitely no show car, but it looks better than most fox bodys around where i live.

AllStockPony-i dont know y u r trying to bash me. im 18 and dont have a job so im on a tight budget and i didnt want an amazing paint job, just a decent one. From ur user name ur car is stock and once u start actully buying parts for your car, you'll realize that it costs money and cant always get what u want. so keep ur comments to yourself. i think u need to calm down
I think your car looks good man, for any Fox owner,especially for a 18 yr old on a budget. I wish my car looked like that at 18. I have dropped a ton of money in paint on my car. I have a little over 7K in paint and body, and thatsdoing it at myFriends shop! (we did take it all the way down and start from scratch,nos mouldings,Sikkens paint,etc, etc)It does not matter who paints your car, it all depends on the end result. If it does need a wet sand and buff you can do it yourself. Go to youtube, look up the subject, theres a tutorial. Get those wheels back on and post up a few more pics! Love me some black hatch mustang GT's.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Jrichber95GTS
2nd Gear Member

for that price you cant complain you need to get out from under those trees and take some pics to many reflections from where to pics are. but hell 450 isnt bad just the color of paint i chose for my car is $111 a pint and thats at discount cost dont let some idiots get ya down color > primer anyday
Old 06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bdptcob

ORIGINAL: 91hatchgt

ORIGINAL: bdptcob

Might be a good idea to blur out your license plate.
Why? Pointless.
Why is it pointless? I could find his address if I wanted to. I mean, better safe than sorry.
thousands of people see your license plate every day you drive the car, park the car get gas in the car etc....

if a few people see it online, not much of a difference
Old 06-18-2008, 07:11 PM
bdptcob
2nd Gear Member

Do it. Don't do it. I don't care. I don't see any reason to invite trouble, but maybe I'm paranoid. I guess I see the difference as people here know what you have and this is their "hobby." Might be more enticing. Again, maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

It looks good right now. Give it a few months or a year and see how it turns out. I have heard bad things about how long MAACO paint jobs last. But hey you get what you pay for.

So what county in idiana are you from. I don't remember what 8 is. I am originally from henry county....33
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
blwn93gt
3rd Gear Member

looks good, just get rid of those tails.[:'(]i never liked the clear tails on mustangs. or anything else for that matter.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Devil Dog
1st Gear Member

Congrats, car looks good.
I would get new pair of rear window moldings and try to get new 16' rims in the rear.
16" front and 15" rear looks like crap [:'(].
Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

looks good..i had a maaco paint job on my old cougar and it turned out great...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 PM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

looks great! on a budget i believe that it is great. the previous owner of my fox paid 3k for my car being painted (it was red) and honestly i wasn't that happy, its been almos 5 years and i may be getting it retouched soon.

IMHO...almost everyone can turn a wrench, not many can paint a car. congrats on the new color
Old 06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joeymustang

looks great! on a budget i believe that it is great. the previous owner of my fox paid 3k for my car being painted (it was red) and honestly i wasn't that happy, its been almos 5 years and i may be getting it retouched soon.

IMHO...almost everyone can turn a wrench, not many can paint a car. paint is one of the things i'll leave to the pros. congrats on the new color

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fresh new maaco paint!!! (UPDATED more pics on pg2)