5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The Beast has Risen, now with Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 04:54 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default The Beast has Risen, now with Video

After 1yr and 2 month long build. I finally got the 347 busted off today. Man that thing sounds mean as hell. Very crisp thottle response and revs very fast. I didn't rev it very high, but what little bit I did peddle the throttle, it practicallybegged for more every time I snapped it back a little. I will try to post a video of it running in a few days after I tie up some loose ends and fully install my fuel system. I thought I would have been more emotional about the car starting for the first time than I was. Ofcoarse it didn't fire up at first try, had to relocate my 12v ignition wire for MSD 6AL box, after I did that, I told my step son to reach into the car and spin it over, just as I told him to do that I realized in my head that I still had ahold of the plug wire down at the plug. I was checking for fire. Well, low and behold it had fire allright, as soon as my boy hit the key it just didn't turn over, it actually started and I couldn't let go of the dayum plug wire fast enough and that MSD box must of hit me a dozen times before it either died, heshut it off or I finally got away from it. I caught my composure, put the plug back in it's hole and tried it one more time. Let there be life, it cranked right up. Had much big smile on my face at this point. I was so happy that it fired up, I didn't even get upset about the shock therapy I just recieved. Long project finally coming to an end.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Beast had Risen

cool man im gonna say it anyways wheres the pics and video...........
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

haha awsome! +1 i have to say it to! WHERE are the pics and vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

so what does the build consist of??
Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Build is as follows:

Stock block bored .030 over, Mahle Forged flat tops giving it 10.0 :1, forged I-beam rods 5.315", cast 3.4" stroke crankshaft. Entire rotatind assembly balanced with in 1/10th a gram. Decked block. SFI approved Fluid damper and flex plate balanced out to 28oz.

Pro Comp 190cc runners, 60cc Combustion chambers. 7/16 screw in studs 2.10 long, 1.6 Pro Comp roller rockers. ARP studs

Parker Funnel Web Intake manifold, as cast, no port work on it or the heads. Holley 3310 750cfm vaccum secondaries

Comp Cam XFI 236HR camshaft
Advertised Duration-286I - 300E
@ .050 - 236I - 248E
Gross Valve lift- .579I - .579E
Lobe Lift - .362I - .362E

Main girdle & studs, Standard volume & pressureMelling oil pump, 52 psi hot idle.

RedNeck Performance Loaded C4 w/ Transbrake and 3000 stall.

8.8' outback with a set of 3.90 gears and everthing else new in it also, bearings, clutches etc...

I filmed a small short video of it just starting and idling of the car. I haven't tuned it in yet but I setevery thingpretty close before initial start up. Carb isn't tuned, timing not set 100% because I don't have a light. Pure virginess at it's finest baby.
I will try and attach the video somekind of way, I may need to email it to someone to see ifya'll can get it up.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:17 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I can't get the dayum video to load up. I hate this Fugging Crap, why can't these dayum PC's be as simple as my carburetor dang it. Some one give me an email address that can put it up for me. Help a brother out fella's
Old 06-29-2008, 07:28 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c_nYA0lklY <~~~ Link to video
Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

It has been a long time coming for this day. I can honestly say, I'm dayum glad to see it here, I'm strarting to see light at the end of the tunnel now. I should have it driveable in a couple of days. I got a doctors appointment tomorrow and go back to work Wednesday night. If I don't get it drivable this hitch in, it will be driving the next time I'm home from work for sure. Then it will be a shoet break in period and track times soon to follow. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I go.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

well let me know if you are ver gonna be in the louisiana area, and hopefully soon i will have my new stuff on it, it will be drivable, but wont have max performance (stall is waayyy to low)
4.30's and faceplated tko600 ftw! lol
Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Sounds sick man, good job!

Quick Reply: The Beast has Risen, now with Video