5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

SUPERCHARGER, V-1 SC-TRIM...worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SUPERCHARGER, V-1 SC-TRIM...worth it?

Go with 42lb injectors minimum if you're running HCI and boost. I am running a similar setup and use 60lb injectors (no where near maxing them out, just there for the future). Becareful buying from that link, if you look down below it says it comes with a Vortech A-trim supercharger. Stick with a S-trim if you want more power in the future.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Go with 42lb injectors minimum if you're running HCI and boost. I am running a similar setup and use 60lb injectors (no where near maxing them out, just there for the future). Becareful buying from that link, if you look down below it says it comes with a Vortech A-trim supercharger. Stick with a S-trim if you want more power in the future.
What is the difference between the A/S/T Trims?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
1991Hatch

SC trim kinda replaced the A trim. Basically they are all different compressor's. IMO i'd go to supechargers4less.com, you can get the SC trim kit for 1500 bucks. You should be fine with 30lbers, as 42's IMO are a little overkill. UNLESS you planned on further upgrading in the future.. I had a buddy run his 24lbers at 100% duty cycle with an S trim and he only ran out of fuel 5000rpm +.. I don't recommend doing that, but you'll be ok with 30's, SC trim and a tune.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1991Hatch

SC trim kinda replaced the A trim. Basically they are all different compressor's. IMO i'd go to supechargers4less.com, you can get the SC trim kit for 1500 bucks. You should be fine with 30lbers, as 42's IMO are a little overkill. UNLESS you planned on further upgrading in the future.. I had a buddy run his 24lbers at 100% duty cycle with an S trim and he only ran out of fuel 5000rpm +.. I don't recommend doing that, but you'll be ok with 30's, SC trim and a tune.
but he has more then just the s/c and a tune lol, and you are not supposed to have your injectors at 100% duty cycle!!!!

also running out of fuel at 5000rpm is really hurting your rev and power range.

THe T trim is the highest hp producing compressor of the V-1's, while the A trim is the lowest and the S and SQ fall inbetween those
Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kweb288

but he has more then just the s/c and a tune lol, and you are not supposed to have your injectors at 100% duty cycle!!!!

THe T trim is the highest hp producing compressor of the V-1's, while the A trim is the lowest and the S and SQ fall inbetween those
Ok.......what about the pulleys? I always heard of people updating their pulleys to get more boost.......is this an upgrade to the compressor? or the S/C pulley that attaches to the crank??
Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
1991Hatch

ORIGINAL: kweb288

I know he has HCI. 24lbers should be fine for that setup. If he's running stock boost levels he should be OK with 30's. I realize that running out of fuel at 5000 RPM and running at 100% duty cycle is definitely NOT good. I'm not saying he should run the injectors like that. I have a buddy who is running a very similar setup with 30's and he's fine. To my knowledge the A trim is no longer in production from Vortec. The SC trim was its replacement. Or so i was under the assumption.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

I know he has HCI. 24lbers should be fine for that setup. If he's running stock boost levels he should be OK with 30's. I realize that running out of fuel at 5000 RPM and running at 100% duty cycle is definitely NOT good. I'm not saying he should run the injectors like that. I have a buddy who is running a very similar setup with 30's and he's fine. To my knowledge the A trim is no longer in production from Vortec. The SC trim was its replacement. Or so i was under the assumption.

Your pushing your luck running 30lb injectors with a boosted HCI 302. Why even risk running out of fuel? It won't hurt anything to go bigger. Do it right the first time and go with at least 42's.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Your pushing your luck running 30lb injectors with a boosted HCI 302. Why even risk running out of fuel? It won't hurt anything to go bigger. Do it right the first time and go with at least 42's.
+1 on doing it right the first time
Old 07-31-2008, 08:11 AM
1991Hatch

I was always under the assumption you could get away with 30's with a HCI and SC trim.. Thanks fellas for clarifying that for me!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

No prob

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGER, V-1 SC-TRIM...worth it?